Movie Library Shared with WMC
I have a situation where I built an HTPC using Kodi for playing ripped BDs, CDs and DVDs, plus Live TV.  Now that Cox has enabled the CopyOnce CCI flag, I have to use WMC to watch live TV on encrypted channels.

All the movies were simply ripped to ISO or MKV files in Windows 'Movie' folder.

In order to keep the wife happy, I'm trying to make WMC the all-in-one solution for the main room while still using Kodi (RP/OSMC) in other rooms, with the limitation of no encrypted TV.

WMC can pull in the all the ripped media, but the BDs and DVDs have no art or metadata.  In order to use 3rd-party tools to populate that data in WMC, I have to create separate folders for each movie and moved the ISO or MKV into the same-named folder.  There are tools that will do this plus the metadata, but will moving all the ripped files into individual same-named folders still work for Kodi?  I did a quick test with a single movie and it didn't go well, although I could have done something wrong or missed a step.

Thanks in advance.
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR
(2022-02-02, 05:49)dshorrosh Wrote: will moving all the ripped files into individual same-named folders still work for Kodi? 
It's the preferred method. See... https://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/Movies

Provide a screenshot so we can see the contents of the folder. Also a Debug Log which captures you scanning the movie into the library. We should be able to see what the problem is.

As for the Live TV issue, which backend are you using in Kodi? WMC or something else?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I have to create separate folders for each movie and moved the ISO or MKV into the same-named folder
quick test press i on moive and refresh you may not have the addon installed
Media Companion 3.751B https://www.techspot.com/downloads/7122-...anion.html
With Support for Movies, TV Series, Home Videos, and now Music Video with distinction between Music Video clip and Music Video Concert. Simply put, Media Companion offers the facility to gather information from the Internet and make this information available to you in an organized manner. The information collected includes such things as posters, backdrops, plot summary,actors and actor images, ratings etc, and are placed with your video files for easy addition to your library.
Karellen - I'm uising ServerWMC and pvr.wmc for the back-end and front-end, respectively, plus a Ceton tuner and Cox-supplied cable card.  From what I can find, I'm SOL for overcoming the CCI flag but am happy to be corrected on that.
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR
Karellen - Guess the "I'm SOL" comment is still accurate.

the_other_guy - I'll flatten the move folder structure and re-import all the movies to Kodi and see how it goes.

Thanks for the help.
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR
(2022-02-04, 16:15)dshorrosh Wrote: Guess the "I'm SOL" comment is still accurate.
Sorry, I don't know what that means.

I'll move you to the WMC area of the forum, and you might receive more responses.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
The polite abbreviation is for 'shucks, out of luck'.  Thanks for the help.
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR
Quote:WMC can pull in the all the ripped media, but the BDs and DVDs have no art or metadata.  In order to use 3rd-party tools to populate that data in WMC, I have to create separate folders for each movie and moved the ISO or MKV into the same-named folder.  There are tools that will do this plus the metadata, but will moving all the ripped files into individual same-named folders still work for Kodi?  I did a quick test with a single movie and it didn't go well, although I could have done something wrong or missed a step.
I use LibreELEC/Kodi - (Felt I needed to disclose that) Movies in individual folders, rips, WMC recordings, even some VLC recordings (HDHR Prime).

When you add movies within Kodi library it scarps for meta then saves within movie folder.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Library Shared with WMC0