Weird audio problem on Kodi on Amazon Fire TV
Question 
I have an Amazon Fire 2nd Gen and I installed Kodi on it.  I ripped most of my DVDs into SW images and stored them on my NAS server. 

This problem just appeared within the last week and I don't know what caused it.

Basically, when I play the DVD, the audio is fine, but if I move forward or backward, then resume playing, the audio drops off intermittently.  The video doesn't hang or anything but the audio does.  It's as if there's a gap in the audio at regular intervals.

What's weird is that if I play the DVD, then let the DVD play for 1 min or more, I can move forward/backward and the audio does NOT have this problem.

I've tried to troubleshoot this problem.

I have another Amazon Fire, but this one is a newer Amazon Fire Cube.  Same setup on this Cube - Kodi installed, connected to NAS server that has all the DVD images.  I play the same DVD and even if I move the scene forward/backward immediately after playback starts, there is no audio drop.

2) Both Amazon Fire are running the same version of Kodi.  I double-checked by checking the version under Kodi->Settings->System Information tab.

3) Both Amazon Fire are set up the same for Audio under Kodi->Settings->System Settings.

4) I played the DVD that I ripped the the image from on a DVD player.  There is no audio drop off.  Problem not with the DVD.

5) I play various shows on Amazon's Prime Video via the Amazon 2nd Gen and none of them have the audio drop off so this problem has been narrowed down to the Kodi on the Amazon 2nd Gen.

6) I moved the Amazon Cube to connect with the monitor/cables that the Amazon 2nd Gen used.  I played the DVD image on the same monitor/same HDMI cable/same CAT-5 cable as the 2nd Gen.  When I play thru the Amazon Cube, I don't observe the audio problems.

7) Probably not a network problem - the Amazon 2nd Gen and Amazon Fire Cube are usually in different rooms.  The 2nd Gen is right next to my router.  The Amazon Fire Cube is in my living room, much further away from the router.  Both are using Wired (CAT-5) connections - not Wireless.  But the Fire Cube has no such problems.

This seems to be some buffering/cache issue that only affects the audio.  Again, I don't see a problem with the video.  And it only happens if the buffer/cache is changed soon after Playback is started.

Has anyone experienced this with Kodi on an Amazon 2nd Gen?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weird audio problem on Kodi on Amazon Fire TV0