v19 How to you guys use TVHeadend and Kodi together?
Hi there.

I am trying to work out the perfect system for my PVR setup but am still struggling a bit.

At the moment, I am using TVH for all my recordings and use the Schedules Direct addon so I have some really full and complete EPG data.

However, I record in the format "ShowName, EXSX" and then have Kodi scrape this information into its library.

I am finding a few issues with this:

Firstly, if I record a brand new season of something, I have to rely on it being scrapable so I can then watch it - i.e. if someone  has yet to add the show to the scraper database, it will not show up.

Secondly, the scraper databases often use an odd system when it comes to specials, so they often do not show up either.

I could use the inbuilt recording folder from TVHeadend, via recordings, but then I have two different systems going and I want to avoid that.

I have tried Importing all my previous recordings back into TVHeadend - this just does not work well.

What I have just realised, however, is that I get all the great EPG data from Schedules Direct and not really using if after the recording has been made.

Was just wondering how you guys deal with your Live TV recordings.

One options, that I am playing with is whether TVH can automatically create a .nfo file from the Schedules Direct data, which would automatically be picked up by Kodi.
For me, video library and TV recordings are separate usage cases. If I record a TV programme, chances are, I will watch it once and delete it. So there is little benefit in scraping the metadata into my video database.

If you want to keep a recording (which may or may not be legal depending on where you are), you could always rename/move/edit the file and store it with any other movies/tv series you have.
I approach it just like @mcelliott. I only use recordings in Tvheadend for short-term purposes. And if I'm still interested in something that I want to keep, I'll copy it, cuts the beginnings and ends, or remove the ads and save it in the library according to the type of show (movies, TV shows, music videos).
Same for me as the last two answers.
I don't see any use for importing anything
Watch&delete mostly...
Not related to TVHeadend but with Schedules Direct data for series and movies the files are already named in scrapbable form, and I use a regex for news and other formats, so I've never had an issue with libraries. 

For me all the library offers is pretty pictures of the cast and crew, but for most series after the first couple of episodes that isn't that useful and it has been a while since I've bothered scanning.   I have many clients so I with one backend I avoid the need to run mariadb plus I don't even have to use Kodi and can use other integrated clients Emby, Jellyfin, Roku, webOS,  and Apple with jailbreak etc.   I am pretty sure TVHeaded allows that flexibility too.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to you guys use TVHeadend and Kodi together?0