[split] Feature Request - Video trailers for artists
ok thanks for the info. I saw the post in this thread for the addon with name omega then another post with a zip file without the omega so I thought that was for nexus. hopefully it will be available for nexus.. soon... please    Smile

nordicguy
(2024-02-03, 19:43)nordicguy Wrote: hopefully it will be available for nexus.

Its a new feature so no, it won't be available for Nexus.  New features don't get backported, only fixes.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
ok that make sense. I am now encouraged to install Omega pre-release and hopefully it works as did for manfeed. hehe. I'm so jealous  Smile

great job and thanks for helping

nordicguy
Hi again,

I installed pre-release Kodi Omega, on Win11 and using the video links addon v1.0.3. I still do not get any option in the artist info window to update video links.

https://imgur.com/a/azckQCY

I try to run the addon but it takes ages to search first 3 or 4 artists then it stops and I get error that the addon timed out handshake is going to restart then kodi freezes and I had to restart it and in the kodi log there is only one line about the video links addon

2024-02-04 10:28:47.835 T:51548    info <general>: Video Link Scraper: Call video links scraper for all artists

so how do you get it to work? and is it possible to make the addon work in the background instead of overlay popup? it seems that if it works that it is going to take many hours and I cannot use Kodi with this overlay popup.

https://imgur.com/a/zEW1wcy

Then after almost 2 hours I wanted to cancel it but it becomes non-responsive and I have to forcefully restart Kodi

https://imgur.com/a/qZwwaeW

I am using generic album scraper v 1.0.17 and generic artist scrapers v 1.0.18

nordicguy
(2024-02-04, 15:39)nordicguy Wrote: I installed pre-release Kodi Omega, on Win11 and using the video links addon v1.0.3. I still do not get any option in the artist info window to update video links.

Yeah, that's a skin thing and that option doesn't (yet) exist in Estuary.

(2024-02-04, 15:39)nordicguy Wrote: I am using generic album scraper v 1.0.17 and generic artist scrapers v 1.0.18

You can scrape all the video links for all artists by navigating to music -> artists -> context menu and choose "query info for all artists"

(2024-02-04, 15:39)nordicguy Wrote: so how do you get it to work? and is it possible to make the addon work in the background instead of overlay popup? it seems that if it works that it is going to take many hours and I cannot use Kodi with this overlay popup.

It takes less than 2 minutes to scan all my artists.  You have tagged them all with musicbrainz id's?  It relies on those to look up the artist on TADB.
(2024-02-05, 09:34)black_eagle Wrote: It takes less than 2 minutes to scan all my artists.  You have tagged them all with musicbrainz id's?  It relies on those to look up the artist on TADB.

Yes, the same for me, it’s very fast. That’s the reason why I ask for the videolinks addon to be in the official Kodi repo, since I plan to run the addon from time to time so as to fetch the new videolinks that people have added to TADB. There are many artists that still need to be completed.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
so I am not sure what I am doing wrong my music library has been the same for many years I tagged them long ago using musicbrainz at least most of them and I ran the query for all artists and I ran the addon this time there was no pop up nothing. I am not getting any links for any artist or even the nice gif animation for the artist photo (don't know its name really but it's what manfeed shows in his demo)

I thank you for your help and again nothing appears in the log which is strange or is this by design that the addon doesn't show anything ?

is there a way to know if my music is tagged with sufficient tags for this addon to work other than that the songs are correctly scrapped in Kodi using the generic album and generic artist scrapers?

Opening the music database I can see some videolinks in the song table for taylor swift, guns and roses, and a few others but they do not appear in the Kodi music section, is that what suppose to be added? is there a certain view / skin is better for troubleshooting?

sorry for long questions I really like to get it to work

nordicguy
(2024-02-05, 17:25)nordicguy Wrote: but they do not appear in the Kodi music section,

Which skin are you using?  The stock Estuary skin as supplied with Kodi currently does not support video-links so you need to be using a skin that does.  @manfeed 's probably.
@jjd-uk any chance of adding this mvid support to Estuary?
Hi guys, I have a modified version of a popular skin here. I made it for personal use, but it doesn't support this video links feature yet. Is there any document on how I can edit my version of the skin to support it?

much appreciate it
nordicguy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Feature Request - Video trailers for artists0