XBOX Store Kodi App and File Access Privacy, Microsoft Phone Home, Etc...
Hiya, long time listener, first time caller ... I'm MMM. :-)

---

Essentially, it's basic common knowledge that TVs (and operating systems) phone home with all manner of details of what you're accessing, using, and doing. For example, I've enjoyed staring at my pihole to see all the stuff that *hasn't* reached LG about the home videos, and personal photos, that I have displayed on my television, and people have used wireguard or something to expose this in the past.

I'm just curious: Now that Kodi is 'legit' in the Microsoft store, are big M looking at what it is doing and phoning home?
(if it's not, then I somehow found it there)

I would assume not, but it's very much a closed system, and those that are bothered will probably let a LOT more go in terms of privacy on a games console than they would on an operating system. I'm just curious if Microsoft is going to see that Kodi is currently watching MMM's music videos, from //musicvids, or something. Or if that's not a thing that is happening, or *can* happen.

Not asking with any kind of entitlement to any kind of response, I do *feel* like I've trawled the internet (including intitles/time restricted/etc) about this, so if possible it'd be nice if you could stay your hand from sarcastic LMGTFY type responses ... but if you have actually had some success with good searches, I am all ears. :-)

Also ... hiyeeeee!

MMM

PS - I might try to make the subject slightly more accurate, but I wanted some phrases in there for future intitle/forum title searches.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Store Kodi App and File Access Privacy, Microsoft Phone Home, Etc...0