Files not added to library
If you do want the subfolder control then you can probably simply add them as seperate sources with paths of

special://xbmc/media/Musik/Classical
special://xbmc/media/Musik/Compilations
special://xbmc/media/Musik/Misc
special://xbmc/media/Musik/Musicals
special://xbmc/media/Musik/Soundtracks
(2022-03-01, 12:23)jjd-uk Wrote: If you do want the subfolder control then you can probably simply add them as seperate sources with paths of

special://xbmc/media/Musik/Classical
special://xbmc/media/Musik/Compilations
special://xbmc/media/Musik/Misc
special://xbmc/media/Musik/Musicals
special://xbmc/media/Musik/Soundtracks
Problem is exactly that I can only do a top folder scan and seemingly random subfolders go missing without me being able to check which ones within reasonable time (given the size of the collection). I also doubt the last idea will solve the issue - I tried adding a specific missing album as an additional source before (see above)..it still wouldn't add the files. So waiting for black eagle's check of the sample file I uploaded..maybe that's where the issue is(?)
@dertyp0815 it seems to me there are 2 unrelated issues here

1) Missing context menu items.
This is because you are using special:// in a way it was not designed for. Not saying you are wrong to do that, just that it isn't surprizing it causes this odd problem with menus because it has simply not be considered in the implementation.

2) Albums not being added to the library
That will probably all be a tagging issue, at least the example file you gave the tag data  is not being read by Taglib (the code Kodi uses to read mp4 tags). I would need to debug into Taglib to see why and I can't do that right now (@BlackEagle ?).

EDIT:
OK had a quick fiddle. Used Mp3Tag and stripped MP4 chapters (on context menu of Mp3Tag) and then Taglib happily read the tags and the music gets added to the music library. So the MP4 chapter data is causing Taglib to be unable to read the metadata. If this is considered a bug then it needs to be raised with them, meanwhile that is the tag editing that is needed to get these files into Kodi.

Identifying all the files with faulty tagging. Scanning with debug logging on will list them, but trawling the log is tedious and since the conext menu items are missing no way to do this subfolder at a time. You could pull a sorted list of the files in the library from the music database using SQL, and then do some kind of diff with a sorted list of all your files. Some skills needed for that.
(2022-03-01, 13:28)DaveBlake Wrote: OK had a quick fiddle. Used Mp3Tag and stripped MP4 chapters (on context menu of Mp3Tag) and then Taglib happily read the tags and the music gets added to the music library. So the MP4 chapter data is causing Taglib to be unable to read the metadata. If this is considered a bug then it needs to be raised with them, meanwhile that is the tag editing that is needed to get these files into Kodi.
YES, problem solved. Thanks so much! I will simply bulk-strip mp4 chapters from all files, makes all other issues unimportant..if mp3tag would just support doing that in bulk mode instead of just file by file.
@dertyp0815

Referring back to your special://xbmc/media/Musik/ setup.

While I like the out-of-the-box thinking you used here, I just realised how precarious this method is.
I updated my setup to v19.4 and the test files I added in special://xbmc/media/Musik/ were deleted as part of the update process.
Are you aware of this? How are you avoiding the deletion of all your music files?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-03-08, 23:23)Karellen Wrote: @dertyp0815

Referring back to your special://xbmc/media/Musik/ setup.

While I like the out-of-the-box thinking you used here, I just realised how precarious this method is.
I updated my setup to v19.4 and the test files I added in special://xbmc/media/Musik/ were deleted as part of the update process.
Are you aware of this? How are you avoiding the deletion of all your music files?
Actually, I wanted to warn about that issue but forgot. Happened to me once, and while I had a music backup all movies were lost. Eversince I temporarily move music and movies out of the Kodi folder, and after update back (\Kodi\media\) again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Files not added to library0