Solved Kodi weirdness on Sony TV
Bug 
Hi,
I have a new Sony Bravia TV running Google TV. I have 2 major problems with the Kodi app on my TV:

• If I customise my homescreen and move Kodi to the top of the apps list, within a day it moves back to the end of the list. 
  • Twice in the last 2 months I’ve not been able to open Kodi, it crashes on launch with no error and sends me back to the Home Screen. There is no fix to this other than deleting and reinstalling the app. 

I heard there was an issue with Sony blocking Kodi in the past but it has been resolved. I’m wondering if Sony is doing something dodgy to corrupt the app. Maybe I’m just being paranoid be I don’t have problems with any other apps on my TV.
(2022-03-07, 12:36)b-j-a Wrote: If I customise my homescreen and move Kodi to the top of the apps list, within a day it moves back to the end of the list. 
That's not really a Kodi-related problem I think. Unless Sony simply dislikes Kodi.

(2022-03-07, 12:36)b-j-a Wrote: Twice in the last 2 months I’ve not been able to open Kodi
That's a small number to make things about Kodi itself when it runs okay all the other times. But perhaps if you can reinstall Kodi as you normally do, and submit a debug log (wiki) just to see the settings and all, perhaps we can spot something.
Ok thanks I will try submitting a debug log if it happens again.

I’m not trying to blame Kodi, I’ve used it flawlessly on a raspberry pi for a couple of years. Just wondering if these are known problems on Android TV or if it’s just Sony bugs I need to deal with.
(2022-03-08, 02:21)b-j-a Wrote: Just wondering if these are known problems on Android TV or if it’s just Sony bugs I need to deal with.

I've been running Kodi on my new Sony A80J since December, and I haven't had either of those problems FWIW.
Ok good to know. Maybe I need to try resetting my TV.
Just an update on this - I factory reset my TV and my problem has gone away - the Kodi app stays where I put it.

Thanks for the help.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi weirdness on Sony TV0