XBOX Is dev mode worth it just for kodi
I'd really like to try 19.4.will it be released to the store soon or should I get dev mode?
I have just one question. If I update kodi in dev mode will it update in retail mode too?
Is dev mode worth the money?
(2022-03-13, 09:21)joelsaacks Wrote: I have just one question.

I count three!

(2022-03-13, 09:21)joelsaacks Wrote: I'd really like to try 19.4.will it be released to the store soon or should I get dev mode?

No idea, we're at the mercy of Microsoft.
(2022-03-13, 09:21)joelsaacks Wrote: If I update kodi in dev mode will it update in retail mode too?

No.
(2022-03-13, 09:21)joelsaacks Wrote: Is dev mode worth the money?

Depends what else you want to do with it.
(2022-03-13, 11:33)Hitcher Wrote:
(2022-03-13, 09:21)joelsaacks Wrote: I have just one question.

I count three!

(2022-03-13, 09:21)joelsaacks Wrote: I'd really like to try 19.4.will it be released to the store soon or should I get dev mode?

No idea, we're at the mercy of Microsoft.
(2022-03-13, 09:21)joelsaacks Wrote: If I update kodi in dev mode will it update in retail mode too?

No.
(2022-03-13, 09:21)joelsaacks Wrote: Is dev mode worth the money?

Depends what else you want to do with it.
May I disagree your last answer? KODI is worth the cost of Dev Mode. Best Player in various platform. Great thanks for hard work of all team members
Thanks for the answers. You're right I did ask three questions lol
I really hope it gets released on the store soon.
Does sideloading in Dev mode fix the HDR issue?
There is no issue with HDR (it gets tone-mapped to SDR) it's simply not supported on the Xbox yet.
(2022-03-16, 21:45)Hitcher Wrote: it's simply not supported on the Xbox yet.

Definition of Issue

: a vital or unsettled matter
: the point at which an unsettled matter is ready for a decision
:a final outcome that usually constitutes a solution

And seeing as how plex runs HDR just fine on Xbox I'm not seeing how your statement is relevant.
Obviously I meant not supported in Kodi on the Xbox yet.
Plex being able to do HDR is completely irrelevant as they are a pay app, so have the ability to pay for access to stuff. While we don't know how they've done it, I don't believe any open source app does HDR on Xbox, if VLC for example started to do HDR then perhaps we could look again at it. However from what I understand HDR might require access the the pay developer program which gives access to the XDK.
If I increase dev mode space prior to installing Kodi, can I take advantage of it for my media library? Will Kodi be able to "see" my media files?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is dev mode worth it just for kodi0