"File no longer available, remove it from library?"....but it's there
I've got this weird issue where kodi will say a (new) file no longer exists, but it totally does exist at the exact path it's looking for it.

Here's the situation: I have multiple networked kodi machines all backing onto the same mysql database, with all media on a common NAS. When I get new media it is copied to the NAS, and then a library update is performed on one of the kodi machines (let's call it machine "A").  At this point the media shows up and is visible on all the networked kodi machines....if I attempt to play it on machine "A" it works fine, but if play it on a different machine ("B") I get "File no longer available, remove it from library?"...however the file is there, the network path is the exact same as from machine "A" (it's a network samba path "smb://whatever/path/media.mkv").  I've looked in the database and the path in the database appears to be correct.  At this point if I do a library update on machine "B" then it starts working there too (and continues to work fine on machine "A"). Looking at the database again I can't find anything that looks any different...the file paths are all the same, but now it works on both machines.  Both machines have identical passwords.xml, so it can't be an auth issue I don't think...the tables I checked in the db were the "episode" table and the "files" table, I assume those are the relevant ones....I'm really not sure what to check next. I've attached a debug log where I attempt to play one of these files 3 times....any help is appreciated, thx!

Kodi ver: 18.7 Git:20200528-2c5354e70a
Platform: Linux ARM 32-bit (pi4)
Debug log: https://pastebin.com/uuLStdiG
Your log is no good. You haven't kept debug mode running from startup to shutdown, rather you enabled and disabled at all the exact wrong times. Try again.

Also need the same log from the machine that does work.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Gotcha, sorry about that.  Here's some updated logs....so but this is interesting: I enabled logging, rebooted, and then tried to play it....and it worked this time. So I did it again with a new file and sure enough, a reboot fixes it the same way a library update does.  So to get this machine "B" log I enabled logging, rebooted, then added the new media and updated library via machine "A", then played it on machine "B", which failed (S42E04)  

Machine "A" (working fine): https://paste.ee/p/zNl8b
Machine "B" (file not found err): https://paste.ee/p/LkC9K
Just a tip...

MYSQL: Your database server version 5.5.53-0+deb8u1 is very old and might not be supported in future Kodi versions. Please consider upgrading to MySQL 5.7 or MariaDB 10.2.

If both Raspbian setups are identical, then this is a weird problem. Any chance there is a firewall problem?
The raspbian setups are actually a straight image clone of the drive, with a couple small tweaks (different hostnames, different remote controls), they are on the same network segment, all kodis+NAS plugged into the same switch, no firewall involved
I can reproduce it quite reliably...anyone have any ideas how I could go about debugging this?
(2022-03-25, 01:22)redec Wrote: I've got this weird issue where kodi will say a (new) file no longer exists, but it totally does exist at the exact path it's looking for it.

I've been experiencing this problem and for me it appears to be a memory leak. I haven't had time to try to get a debug long that isn't massive and report it yet though. For me, just simply restarting Kodi fixes it until Kodi eats enough memory to cause it again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"File no longer available, remove it from library?"....but it's there0