Can't open flac or wav music files on Kodi
I've seen the instructions on how to activate flac files recognition, but I can't find the list:

Settings
Add-ons
Install from repository
Audio encoders
Flac Audio Encoder
Install

Same thing for wav files.

How should I proceed?

I also need Kodi to identify and open cue files, which are a part of most CD albums captured on computers. Neither do they appear on the folders
@carlmart

Encoders are used to create a file when ripping a cd. Decoders are used for playback.

Flac and wav (and many other formats) play by default in Kodi. Nothing needs to be done. Post a Debug Log of you trying to play these files and we might spot the problem.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
To play my files I had to go through the skins path, where all files (except cue files) played fine.

Audio quality is just average, and quite inferior to the way I had used before with a Raspberry through cabled wired from my PC and an USB connected through it. 

Kodi does not even get near to that quality. But I had already been warned about that.
OK, let's place a question for a different output option from the Nvidia Shield.

Is it possible to use an external DAC, connected through USB to the Nvidia Shield, and make Kodi to recognize it?

First I've seen two outputs for Kodi, in the audio setup: Audio Track IEC (Kodi's) and Audio track RAW (Android's). The first is the recommended one.

Now what I want is to have the audio track coming through the network cable fed directly through USB into the DAC. But I don't know if the Nvidia Shield allows to do that. Kodi certainly not has such options.

Nvidia Shield setup seems to have an option to select an external DAC or the receiver's DAC to take over the conversion. Now I wonder how do I use an external DAC, which is my case.

Where can I get answers to my questions, which I'm not sure they involve Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't open flac or wav music files on Kodi0