music library does not appear to be recognized
I am a new user, I added a folder location under Music then "Enter Files Location".  The music is there, but I still get the"Your Library is currently empty...." message.  Do I need to scan or something?  I tried following steps on wiki but my screens do not match.  

When song play ends, it just stops and does not play next track, even in playlist.

Any advice?

I also added "library" again, how do I delete duplicate?
I added from upnp source
I cannot get to "MUSIC" : "FILES"
This is being done on an Android TV
(2022-04-03, 23:16)marcelo_s Wrote: I added from upnp source
You cannot create a library from UPnP... https://kodi.wiki/view/UPnP

Follow the wiki guide to create the music library as detailed in Scanning Music Into Library
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
thx!!!!!
Music recognized and somewhat working.  If I scroll and select a song, KODI momentarily (fraction of a second) displays selected track, but immediately plays following track.  If only one track in folder/album, then same flash of selected track appears, but since no following track nothing plays.
(2022-04-20, 20:36)marcelo_s Wrote: Music recognized and somewhat working.  If I scroll and select a song, KODI momentarily (fraction of a second) displays selected track, but immediately plays following track.  If only one track in folder/album, then same flash of selected track appears, but since no following track nothing plays.
It sounds like an access problem. Kodi can't play the selected track and is skipping to then next playable track. It can be an access problem, or a corrupted music file.

If you provide a Debug Log that captures the issue, we might spot the problem.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-04-03, 23:16)marcelo_s Wrote: I added from upnp source

Out of curiosity what uPNP server are you running ?  Some will provide metadata for music so attempting to put them into the Kodi database isn't needed (wouldn't add tremendous value).  Others provide minimal data.  I have most of the major ones running for my addon testing and can take a look, if I have your uPNP server type running.

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
Thanks for the reply, track will play if order is reversed so that it is not last, or only, track in folder. I checked log, nothing there.

Too be clear, when a track is manually selected in a folder, the next track plays, always. This does not occur in a created playlist.

Thanks again.
I hope this answers your question...I am using a Netgear wndr 3700.
(2022-04-22, 00:43)marcelo_s Wrote: I hope this answers your question...I am using a Netgear wndr 3700.

Looking at the Netgear manual it looks like it has 3 methods of sharing content on a USB drive:  HTTP, FTP and network file shares (i.e. SMB).  I have a Netgear Nighthawk R8000 but I've never shared data from it.  I suspect the HTTP is some form of uPNP type server but I doubt it will be very full featured and won't provide metadata and such.  You'd likely need a more full featured uPNP server which can do that for you.  That feels like overkill for your current use case and as pointed out, Kodi doesn't support populating the music database from a uPNP server.  The approach you are going down with the SMB fileshare approach and allowing Kodi to scrape the music metatda as part of the database import seems to be the best option for now.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
music library does not appear to be recognized0