Undefined symbol error - Kodi not starting
Bug 
i just installed KDE Neon , i am a beginner linux user , today i tried to install Kodi by using official documentation but after installing it is not starting ,
then i triedto launch it using terminal in still no success but got a error on terminal

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/kodi/kodi.bin: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/kodi/kodi.bin: undefined symbol: _ZN7wayland9display_tC1ENSt7__cxx1112basic_str
ingIcSt11char_traitsIcESaIcEEE

this is the error i got , i cant get logs bcz kodi just not starting
(2022-04-20, 18:56)MysticUwU Wrote: i am a beginner linux user

Since you haven't been very descriptive yet on your Linux machine, which flavor of Linux are you dealing with, and which version? Perhaps Kubuntu?

(2022-04-20, 18:56)MysticUwU Wrote: i cant get logs bcz kodi just not starting

Kodi always starts a few lines of log file, unless the mess is really to big.
i am using KDE Neon which is based on ubuntu 20.04 i mentioned above , and i didnt get the more logs in terminal , can you tell me where can i get the extra log file to share with you
Very likely it is the known bug in Debian, where Ubuntu takes builds from: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugrepor...ug=1006812

Can you please show the output of:

shell:
dpkg -l | grep wayland

?
Maintainer of Kodi from Debian | Got an issue with Kodi from Debian? Report it here: Kodi from Debian - Support Thread
Anyway I asked waylanpp author about this specific symbol.
Maintainer of Kodi from Debian | Got an issue with Kodi from Debian? Report it here: Kodi from Debian - Support Thread

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Undefined symbol error - Kodi not starting0