discart displays wrong image (linked from musicbrainz?)
Hi,

recently i saw this rotating, egg-shaped image while playing music:

I was confused where that came from, since there was no discart.png yet in that album's folder.
Also none on fanart.tv or theaudiodb.com (since then i made a discart.png and uploaded it to aDB)

But there was an album.nfo in the folder from an earlier export: https://paste.kodi.tv/uqelehinah
Line 36 is most likely the issue:

Code:
<thumb spoof="" cache="" aspect="discart" preview="http://coverartarchive.org/release/ee08adc2-da99-41ac-8f95-d6ca853d6738/11095311005-250.jpg">http://coverartarchive.org/release/ee08adc2-da99-41ac-8f95-d6ca853d6738/11095311005.jpg</thumb>

That image is from musicbrainz:

Maybe since it is tagged there as "Medium", KODI picks it up as discart..?

idk how this can be resolved for others, maybe allow KODI only to link to discart, if Musicbrainz has it separatly..?
Also idk why KODI used that linked image in the first place, maybe i overlooked a specific setting.
(This is not the first time i saw an image like that at the music OSD)
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc
As with all art the scrapers are dependant on what others post to the remote sites and how they label it.
(2022-04-21, 09:47)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: Maybe since it is tagged there as "Medium", KODI picks it up as discart..?
Yes, the Generic Albums scraper addon fetches art from Musicbrainz, and images tagged as "medium" by Musicbrainz are saved as available discart
(2022-04-21, 09:47)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: idk how this can be resolved for others, maybe allow KODI only to link to discart, if Musicbrainz has it separately..?
There is no way for the scraper to know what actual image has been uploaded to publically curated sites. I think Musicbrainz is unusual in allowing images to be tagged with more than one type. The scraper could I suppose only fetch those URL for images from Musicbrainz with one type, but that would no doubt end up skipping art that other users woukd prefer to see.

(2022-04-21, 09:47)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: Also idk why KODI used that linked image in the first place, maybe i overlooked a specific setting.
(This is not the first time i saw an image like that at the music OSD)
By default Kodi now uses all art types it can find. That means it will pick up all image files that it finds in any album folder (assuming that you have albums in unique folders), and also fill any gaps in art by allocating the first scraped availlable art of that type. There are settings to control that, for example I never bother with discart because I never intend to use a skin that shows it.

You obviously do use a skin that shows discart, in which case the solution here (when the image is not the one you want) is to go via Album Info dialog and set the art differently (or remove it entirely)
Yep simply fix on musicbrainz and obviously fix the nfo as well.

We wouldnt have allowed such an image on TheAudioDB

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
discart displays wrong image (linked from musicbrainz?)0