Specific backdrops for playing album
Hi,
Is there any way of having specific artwork to show in Kodi when playing a specific album? I have jpegs for an album that I would like to display as backdrops when playing that particular album? Is this possible?
Typically, displaying artwork is a skin feature.  In current 19.4/20 alpha Kodi it is possible to use the music library to store arbitrary artwork for artists. songs, and albums.  But it is necessary to define an "artwork type" (name) for the artwork.  Then, it is necessary for the skin to recognize and display the arttype.  Or as an alternative, now considered obsolete, place artwork in a skin-defined location (typically a subfolder named exactly "extrafanart" within the folder containing the playing song).

The current informal practice is to use arttype names of fanart1, fanart2, ... and then skins can display those as backgrounds, more or less randomly.

What user could do:

1.  Look though the skin support subforums for candidate skins that provide this feature
2.  Name the artwork using the naming scheme the skin expects
3.  Update the music library to add the new artwork to the library

Since the UX tends to be personal as to what's best, I recommend you experiment with different skins starting with the ones in the Kodi addon repo to see which best meet your overall needs, then ask about support for this specific feature.

scott s.
Thanks you for your advice. I use Emby for Kodi and have found that by adding the backdrops into Emby and then refreshing the Emby music data base in Kodi works.
(2022-04-23, 08:58)Chalklands Wrote: Thanks you for your advice. I use Emby for Kodi and have found that by adding the backdrops into Emby and then refreshing the Emby music data base in Kodi works.

Mezzmo with Kodi has similar functionality.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Specific backdrops for playing album0