v19 Adding New Content to a Simple Music Playlist
Hi @DaveBlake 
I was hoping you might be able to offer some good tips with regard to some simple m3u playlists I've created.
Whilst the playlists all work fine, I've noticed that if I add any new songs to these lists they are always placed at the end of the list.
I was wondering if there was any way to refresh a playlist after new content/songs are added, so that they are correctly placed in alphabetic order, just like the order of the original playlist created?
The only practical way I've found to do this, is to manually move any new entries on the m3u file to where they should be placed. This process does work, but at the same time, it can be a little bit cumbersome as well, particular if I have a lot of new entries to move at any one time.
As I said, I was hoping you (or anybody else) might know of a good trick or tip for refreshing/updating a m3u playlist after new content is added.
Cheers
Personally I never use m3u playlists  (I far prefer using library data and the smart filtering offered by Yatse than edit a list of file names) so my insight is going to be limited, however I have fixed the odd issue with them.

Kodi is simply adding to the .m3u file, appending to the end is easy, when played the file dictates what is played. From my memory the editor is pretty basic does not have a sort facility etc. Any text editor could be used to edit the m3u, honestly I would not bother to use TV remote and Kodi UI to manage mu3 files at all. Smile

Not exactly the best help, sorry, maybe someone else is more a m3u enthusiastic user.
Okay, no worries.
I don't have any particular preference for favouring m3u playlists, other than the fact I can very quickly select the source directory for my music library, then the Artist, then the album I want and finally select the song(s) I want to include from that album, before moving onto the next Artist I want include on the playlist.
Unfortunately, there does not seem to be any easy or quick way to do the same thing when using the smart list creator.....Or none that I've ever come across. Perhaps when I've tried in the past, I've done things incorrectly.
Thanks for getting to me anyway. Much appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding New Content to a Simple Music Playlist0