Solved Kodi 19 and 20 on android TV with upnp server (mediamonkey) playback issues
Dear forum members,

on my Android TV I have Kodi as media player (client) and on my Windows 10 PC (21H2) I have Mediamonkey 5.02.2532 as upnp server.
Since my update from Kodi 18.9 to version 19.4, and now also to version 20 on my TV I notice the following problem when playing videos from the Mediamonkey upnp server library.
Kodi still to recognize and see my Mediamonkey library perfect, and I can still add the mediamonkey library to my Kodi library as well. It is then fully accessible.
But it only plays the 1st video file properly. When I stop playback and want to play a 2nd file, I get an error message "one or more items cannot be played". I have to close Kodi first and open it again to be able to play the next or other video file. Again I can only play the 1st file properly.
Kodi version 18.9 did not have this problem. Also playing the video files of Mediamonkey upnp library with the standard Android TV media player is no problem.

Does anyone recognize this and help me on my way to solve this? I would like to continue to use mediamonkey as an upnp server because of my library, tag and management capabilities and Kodi because it's fast, have a nice UI and 'takes over' all the nodes of my upnp libary like serie, actor, playlist, etc. 

My TV is a Sony XH-90 running on Ardroid TV version 10.

Thank you in advance for your input.
Can you replicate the issue and provide a Debug Log we can see what is going on? Without one it is just guess work.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Thread moved to Android support
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2022-05-22, 16:05)Dangelus Wrote: Can you replicate the issue and provide a Debug Log we can see what is going on? Without one it is just guess work.
Thank you for your response. Since my TV won't allow to copy the log file to a usb stick, I tryupload it with a link provided by the add-on kodi log uploader.

qicanopifa (paste)
(2022-05-22, 16:05)Dangelus Wrote: Can you replicate the issue and provide a Debug Log we can see what is going on? Without one it is just guess work.
Attached my debug log. Hopefully you all will become wiser to a solution

ulabugahud (paste)
Ok,
i tried nightly build 20220617 and the issue seems solved.
Hopefully this will be carried over to the final version.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 19 and 20 on android TV with upnp server (mediamonkey) playback issues0