Resource Images Studios Coloured
20/20
Lisberger/Kushner Productions
Unstoppable Film and Television
Ultravi Productions
Silver Reel
Prospect Park
Belga Films
China Film (Shanghai) International Media Co.
Bonanza Studios
Wheelhouse Entertainment
Hutch Entertainment
Teiller Film
Pariah
(2024-03-05, 16:03)lynxstrike Wrote:
(2024-03-05, 15:56)Little_goliath84 Wrote: Vodorod 2011

@Little_goliath84

Woooo !    Smile
I will begin working on this.. how fast I go will depend on how readily available the logos are out there...

I'm sorry for that! But I checked my whole library and was surprised to find that much missing 🫣🫢 maybe you have a koffii page?
(2024-03-05, 16:34)Little_goliath84 Wrote: koffii page

No worries Smile
I do not code (always wanted to learn thou) so this is my way of contributing to the Kodi community...
(2024-03-05, 15:59)lynxstrike Wrote:
(2024-03-05, 14:55)kittmaster Wrote: If the user wants 10 studios, they should be able to have it

I concur with you that Kodi should have the option to grab more studios, but visually would be difficult... where in the GUI will you display 3 studios? With all the flags and 1 studio some interfaces have too much information (and generally we can control what flags to display). It would be nice to have all the studio information and that Kodi recognize the first one (with some separators, ie: comma, slash, -, etc).

To be more concise, the 3 would remain in Media Companion as is (other softwares too), but Kodi would only parse out the 1st of the bunch and move along. No way would I want to see crazy variants of studio lists for each movie or even try to display them. That may or may not be good for like an extended info page and could be called there to show all the studios greater than 1. But for the basic operation, Kodi should only pull the first for each media and carry on. Not crash and moan about missing textures because it is not an exact string match to a singular studio.

If every other media software only allowed 1 studio lets say, and media companion was allowing 10, then media companion would be wrong and need to be fixed, but since other media managers also support multiple studios... then I'm just saying Kodi should deal with that correctly, grab #1 and skip the rest. JMHO.
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
(2024-03-05, 17:48)kittmaster Wrote: grab #1 and skip the rest

Exactly! 

Let's hope Team Kodi implement this feature.
(2024-03-05, 14:55)kittmaster Wrote: the / is a head scratcher as to where Kodi is picking up the / in the first place
Look in the Studio table of the MyVideos database
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2024-03-05, 19:57)Karellen Wrote:
(2024-03-05, 14:55)kittmaster Wrote: the / is a head scratcher as to where Kodi is picking up the / in the first place
Look in the Studio table of the MyVideos database

Interesting I parsed the entire database and only see single entries... nothing with the / to be seen.

Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
(2024-03-05, 20:41)kittmaster Wrote: nothing with the / to be seen.
There are two possible sources for the slash.
1. It is in the nfo file due to incorrect use of the <studio> tag. Not the case here
2. Kodi adds it because you have opted for multiple studios, which is the reason in this case.

Multiple studios breaks studio icons display.
When a movie has multiple studios, the database concatenates all the studios into a single string to pass onto Kodi. The separator between studios is the /.
So you probably think, well then just give me the first studio, not all of them. But the database does not know what skin you are using, and if that skin uses the studios.icon addon, and whether the user has enabled the setting to use the addon. So how do you sort out when to pass only the first studio, and when to pass on the full string?
Remember that not all skins use the icon addon, so Kodi needs to cope with both cases - studios.icon and no studios.icon addon. So some users want all studios listed as shown in the image, others want icons.
There is no easy solution, so it's one or the other.

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2024-03-05, 21:42)Karellen Wrote:
(2024-03-05, 20:41)kittmaster Wrote: nothing with the / to be seen.
There are two possible sources for the slash.
1. It is in the nfo file due to incorrect use of the <studio> tag. Not the case here
2. Kodi adds it because you have opted for multiple studios, which is the reason in this case.

Multiple studios breaks studio icons display.
When a movie has multiple studios, the database concatenates all the studios into a single string to pass onto Kodi. The separator between studios is the /.
So you probably think, well then just give me the first studio, not all of them. But the database does not know what skin you are using, and if that skin uses the studios.icon addon, and whether the user has enabled the setting to use the addon. So how do you sort out when to pass only the first studio, and when to pass on the full string?
Remember that not all skins use the icon addon, so Kodi needs to cope with both cases - studios.icon and no studios.icon addon. So some users want all studios listed as shown in the image, others want icons.
There is no easy solution, so it's one or the other.

Barbie.....reallyHuh WTF.....  Tongue

Fair enough, I agree and understand all of what you said, my question is, even if this is true.... why is it getting filed in the log that way as an error? I was chasing this ghost and it appears to not really be a problem, yet, it is.

I say is, because, supposed I'd ever submit this for the Kodi repo... it would get kicked the instant it is calling of images that "don't exist" yet clearly, it "appears" to be nothing more than a parsing problem due to skin indeterminacy. I burned almost half a day before I stumbled onto the texture thread trying to figure out why it kept pumping out these errors.

I realize there is no easy solution, just trying to figure out the best path forward before rescraping all of my videos.
Mr. V's Original Source
(2024-03-05, 21:51)kittmaster Wrote: why is it getting filed in the log that way as an error? I was chasing this ghost and it appears to not really be a problem, yet, it is.
Don't know the original developers thoughts, but probably would be better classed as notice or warning instead of error.
My Signature
(2024-03-05, 21:42)Karellen Wrote: There is no easy solution

@Karellen

There is some implementation already in the online scraper> the option to "Parse only the first studio".

Could it be implemented for "Local Information" scraper too? This way, multiple studios is resolved online and locally. It would be just a question of defining separators.

Regards,
Oscar
(2024-03-05, 22:02)lynxstrike Wrote: Could it be implemented for "Local Information" scraper too? This way, multiple studios is resolved online and locally. It would be just a question of defining separators.
I suppose it could. But the better question will be - will it be allowed?
It hasn't ever been discussed, but my feeling is that I don't think it will be.
The Local Info Scraper is intentionally basic and without settings. The rationale is- if you have nfo files, then that is what will be imported in full. We're not going to start picking and choosing what to import and what to discard. Fix the nfo file before import.
And I can easily see it getting out of hand... Can you do the same for Countries, My default rating is TMDB, can you change it to IMDB, etc.
Consider that Kodi scanning is the final step. Any changes to the nfo file need to be made in previous steps ie your media manager.
My Signature
(2024-03-05, 22:10)Karellen Wrote: And I can easily see it getting out of hand...

i agree here

(2024-03-05, 22:10)Karellen Wrote: The Local Info Scraper is intentionally basic and without settings.

i like and even prefer Kodi to use the data "as-is" instead of trying to get too smart
i spend painstaking time to get my nfo files exactly perfect the way i want things to display, i might be the only one but i doubt it
(2024-03-05, 22:10)Karellen Wrote: Any changes to the nfo file need to be made in previous steps ie your media manager.

Yes, that is the way I do it right now. I scrape all the studios bc not always the obvious one is the first, and then I pick the "right" one and leave it for the studio tag. I just loose some information, that realistically I never again look for it but been an obsessive compulsive for information, i would like to have it and not need it than need it and not have it... je je je...

Anyway, thanks for clearing this for all of us...

Regards,
Oscar
All that has been said makes sense to me, I will re-scrape my files for one studio only. TY.

Will report back if I find any missing artwork, but thus far, your maintenance of the texture file is pretty comprehensive so thanks for that.
Mr. V's Original Source
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resource Images Studios Coloured0