• 11(current)
Resource Images Studios Coloured
I don't know what is up with the 2.9.2 version but that thing just does not work....

I downloaded the source code and whatta know, even that doesn't match the executable... it is version 2.8.0 and the program calls out 2.9.2 as the version.

I retooled the 2.8.0 and up Rev'd it to 3.0.0 and I got it to decompile as one would expect. 

I cleaned up the GUI a bunch and fixed typos, still only one issue I see is when it finished decompiling, it never releases base.exe and continues to sit in a finish loop. 

I think this has to do with the permissions on %temp% on windows 10 in the user directory in which that is where it does all its work in the @TempDir folder.

I may rewrite it to use a simple local folder so permissions do not become an issue.

What a mess.
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
And even though the app is benign, holy crap does it set off the virus scanner. I was leery at first, but it is built on some old scripting engine and updates are long but over I think. Had to shut down AV and Malwarebytes to get it to run. 

I'm betting it is part of the @TempDir thing.
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
(2024-03-11, 17:27)kittmaster Wrote: I don't know what is up with the 2.9.2 version but that thing just does not work....

Hi Chris...

It works fine with me (Windows 11 x64). I have it in portable mode.
It stucks in a loop when you don't have "Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015" installed and updated.
In regard to your antivirus, neither Windows Defender nor Bitdefender flags it as worthy of attention. It has happened to me something similar to that with other application when its updating, and I think is for the quantity of files modified and the speed... may be an exception would work (it did for me).

If I can offer any more insight just drop a line...

Regards,
Well it is a portable app just by design, it is nothing more than a really advanced script runner that creates a user interface..... nothing special.

I have updated that and it says nothing to change... so I have the latest and greatest... I does finish the job...but I have to force close it after it finishes.... so there is a flag that isn't being seen by the base.exe which is a decompiler.

I built it for x32 and x64 and makes no difference. I removed all the calls to the temp director (users) and made it C:\temp, that didn't help. So we'll see.

I'll see if I can sort it out.
Mr. V's Original Source
I picked up the torch on this thing and gave it a major overhaul. Visually is similar (for now), but will be adding more user elements for quality of life improvements.

For now, just have a look. I only worked on the decompile side of it, nothing on the compile side until I had some feedback.

LMK what you think.

http://www.kittmaster.com/imagedump/kodi...ol-v1.html
Mr. V's Original Source
(2024-03-13, 06:03)kittmaster Wrote: http://www.kittmaster.com/imagedump/kodi...ol-v1.html

mmm... nothing seems to display on the page...

I just pasted in body, I updated using URL button, try it now, link is fine, I just test it.... the software truncated the link with ....
Mr. V's Original Source
So, did it work?
Mr. V's Original Source
(2024-03-13, 14:47)kittmaster Wrote: So, did it work?

Yes it worked!

So sorry, it was working since the first time, but with the adblocker and pop up blocker installed it wasn't loading... my mistake Smile

It looks great!

Keep up the good work!
(2024-03-13, 16:03)lynxstrike Wrote:
(2024-03-13, 14:47)kittmaster Wrote: So, did it work?

Yes it worked!

So sorry, it was working since the first time, but with the adblocker and pop up blocker installed it wasn't loading... my mistake Smile

It looks great!

Keep up the good work!

I totally get how the decompression works, and why you want the individual files, walk me through how I can build and test the opposite side of this. Madnox is using all discrete files, I would like to move it to .xbt to optimize speed and load times (which I think is the point of all this). 

I don't totally understand all of the engine... do I keep files, is it stand alone? What is the smallest, easiest way I can do a test to ensure I take a much of files, compress to xbt and validate it works.

Can you provide a linear way for me to follow and I can try/execute here?

TY.
Mr. V's Original Source
(2024-03-13, 16:32)kittmaster Wrote: Madnox is using all discrete files, I would like to move it to .xbt to optimize speed and load times

IMO, the loading time difference between discrete and xbt is imperceptible, negligible. I think it has more to do with order, download and upload time and, of course, disk space.
(2024-03-13, 17:16)lynxstrike Wrote:
(2024-03-13, 16:32)kittmaster Wrote: Madnox is using all discrete files, I would like to move it to .xbt to optimize speed and load times

IMO, the loading time difference between discrete and xbt is imperceptible, negligible. I think it has more to do with order, download and upload time and, of course, disk space.

Fair enough, I still need to retool the entire other side of the compress, how should I approach doing that? There is a lot to change on that side of it, but using the decompile changes, it should be quick, but I don't want to corrupt the process either, so I am looking for the right way to test what I'm doing since I've never worked with texture files before.
Mr. V's Original Source
(2024-03-13, 16:32)kittmaster Wrote: What is the smallest, easiest way I can do a test to ensure I take a much of files, compress to xbt and validate it works.

What is the smallest, easiest way I can do a test to ensure I take a much of files, compress to xbt and validate it works
I assume you want to move from individual files to xbt compression.

Compile-Decompile process:
The easiest way to ensure the compile-decompile works is to gather 3-5 images (for speed), put them in an empty test directory and go thru the compile process. The end result will be a xbt file named after your test directory. When you are done, go thru the decompile process (select your previously generated xbt file, then point the output directory, say test2) and you will have your original 3-5 images.

Test process:
To test in the skin, I imagine you would have to modify your code to select the images from discrete files to the ones contained in your xbt file.

Thou
In the "resource.images.studios.coloured" addon, there is an instruction: 
"extension point="kodi.resource.images" compile="true" type="studios""
if you change the "true" valor to false, the addon will use discrete files instead of compressed xbt file.

I don't know if you can do something like that in your skin. @mikeSiLVO, in his skin, uses discrete files in Github ver, and xbt file when he submits to Kodi repo (at least sometimes, if I remember correctly. It's been a while since I tinker with flags from repo and Github). He could give you good advice in this regard.

Let me know if this answer your las post or if there is anything else I can help you with...
(2024-03-13, 17:32)kittmaster Wrote: There is a lot to change on that side of it,

Sorry for the delay in answering... I was writing my las post.
Decompiling works fine with me too.
Just select an xbt file, say the one from my repo or the one from "resource.images.studios.coloured", select an output directory and hit "start" the process should begin and after a few seconds it will end (you will have the bunch of studio logos).

Or am I missing something?
(2024-03-13, 17:32)kittmaster Wrote: I am looking for the right way to test what I'm doing since I've never worked with texture files before

Neither I ... strictly speaking, outside of the studio icons I have no experience, but @mikeSiLVO does. I think he could give you good advice regarding how to proceed.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resource Images Studios Coloured0