• 12(current)
Resource Images Studios Coloured
So I guess if I take the flags textures.xbt file and delete it.... the skin would be "missing them" yes? 

If I decompile that file elsewhere....and then reassemble it as the .xbt and put it back... and the skin sees it and the flags show up correctly, I assume that would be a valid test yes?
Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
(2024-03-13, 19:02)kittmaster Wrote: I assume that would be a valid test yes?

That is correct. Yes.
Ok....used the TMDB Info page to see the extended info page of "The Beekeeper" where it uses studio flag Miramax (Blue). Closed Kodi, renamed texture file to 1texture.xbt, tried again, flag missing. Closed Kodi, restored name, repeat sequence, flag back and ok.

I copied that file elsewhere, decompiled it from a source folder, all files extracted without issues using the revamped tool process. What I DO notice is a LOT of inconsistencies in the file dimensions but nothing wrong with the files themselves. I am not sure if this is a byproduct of not creating the proper image canvas size correctly for large images or if new additions for smaller than the average icon size (161 x 109). There are a few that are HUGE that were not properly resized. This has to cause havoc in the renderer of the flags subroutine. Personally I would have to have all those flags properly resized because clearly consistency needs to be followed. 

It looks like the size of the icons are supposed to be exactly: 161 x 109 pixels because a vast majority are this value. Then you have on the low side 76 x 77,  lopsided 125 x 17, supersized 1080 x 109 and a hodge podge of other various crazy x/y dimensions that are not 161 x 109.

Clearly these need some TLC to make them right. I took a few snapshots, but you can see despite the wonky dimensions, the images are rendering ok. I think they were just added and not properly scaled and probably an effort is needed to get them into conformance.

So I have 1/2 of the fixed tooling process sorted, the next step is to recompile it and see if it works as expected when reassembled. If it does, then I'll retool that side of the tool and add some creature features to it. Then I can get back to skin development on Madnox as this will help in that particular task....which is what led me here.

Few pics to show what I'm seeing:

Kodi: Nexus v20.5 | Skin: Madnox.redux : Current Version: 20.00.11 | Forum | Madnox.redux v3 Repo
Mr. V's Original Source
👀
I’ve been summoned?
(2024-03-13, 23:07)kittmaster Wrote: It looks like the size of the icons are supposed to be exactly: 161 x 109 pixels

As far as I know, this should be the OFFICIAL size for the studio flags: 161 x 109 pixels. (pls team Kodi correct me if I am wrong).

All flags I have submitted are in this format, but this addon has had a lot of people worked on it, since ancient times, so yes, there are many and huge inconsistencies.
I reworked some, the larger ones. Some studios no longer exist or changed names. There are also studios from audio stations or radio stations, etc. It's a mess Smile
(2024-03-13, 23:14)mikeSiLVO Wrote: I’ve been summoned?

​​​​​​​Hi Mike.. thanks for dropping by!
(2024-03-13, 23:37)lynxstrike Wrote: this should be the OFFICIAL size for the studio flags: 161 x 109 pixels
https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/resource....-464534085
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2024-03-13, 23:46)Karellen Wrote: https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/resource....-464534085

Thx @Karellen !
This can be easily scripted to correct the image sizes without corrupting the quality and bring them into conformance. Some will need rework by hand or direct replacement, particularly the 76x75 type stuff. Didn't realize how much of a shitshow that file is... hmm...... THAT could be an interesting addition to the tool... lists all the files, corrections blah blah blah...
Mr. V's Original Source
Great news.

I was able to verify the single images to compiled texture file works and is bit for bit aligned correctly. I tested it like before and it works as expected.

The tool itself in its current state is a pile of shit.... the thing says it's "done" and puts a 0kb file there, but really it is doing it in the background. This file was 86MB (color studio flags), so I would expect to take a few minutes to compile that.

I will retool that entire GUI section as well to ensure it tracks like the decompile and will be a viable tool. Then it can be expanded upon to be more useful for other tasking.

But as of right now, an updated working primer is valid.

More to come...
Mr. V's Original Source
(2024-03-14, 05:56)kittmaster Wrote: Great news.

Thanks Chris!
@Little_goliath84

I have been working with your missing logos.

There were many I could not find, either because Google did not show me an option, or because there were several and I could not tell which one is the correct one.

I leave you the link to the ones I already have (marked in yellow) and the missing ones. If you have the time and would like more logos included just send them to me.

Regards,
14 03 2024 - New upload

Marvel
Marvel Animation
Marvel Studios Animation... plus 70 more new logos requested by @Little_goliath84

Links:
Changelog
Textures.xbt
Decompiled

LINKS REMAIN THE SAME

PS.
If you have missing logos and would like them included, just drop a line.
Nearly complete:

http://www.kittmaster.com/imagedump/kodi/skin/KodiTool.html
Mr. V's Original Source
(2024-03-18, 23:21)kittmaster Wrote: Nearly complete

@kittmaster

Excellent Chris... thank you!

Is it possible to make the tool "remember" the last working directory the next time it is in use? (so there is no need to navigate to the same "source" or "output" directory if it is always the same).

Regards,
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resource Images Studios Coloured0