Solved Your library is currently empty...?
Hello, so I have installed Kodi. I have added a folder into Movies section and some folders to Music. In Music it started scanning and makes thumbnails and all those library things, but in Movies whenever I go there it tells me "Your library is currently empty, enter files section". Why? I have already added a folder there and if I click files section I see it there and can browse and play movies from it, so why is it not being made into library?
(2022-05-24, 11:19)McVitas Wrote: Your library is currently empty, enter files section". Why?
Because you have not scraped your media into the library. Just adding the folder is not enough.
See here... https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
How do I initiate this scraping? Kodi just tells me enter files section, add a media source and configure it. That's what I did.
...So now what I right clicked on the folder in the Files and "edit source", didn't change nothing, clicked OK and now it asked me what is the content - I chose (again) it is movies and then it asked me if I want to scan it now. I clicked yes and it works and is making a library! Why it didn't the first time I added it I wonder :-] This trick might be a bit confusing for some people.
(2022-05-24, 23:53)McVitas Wrote: Why it didn't the first time I added it I wonder :-]

You may have chosen the 'No' option the first time?
Setting the content option will trigger the question to scan the source.
But it seems to work for you now.
Thread marked solved.
I have just upgraded my Firestick to v20.1 which caused my existing libraries to become unavailable due to a Software caused connection abort error and by the time I solved that I had lost everything and started again with a fresh install.
However, while my Movies & Music libraries are rebuilding themselves, my Music Videos & TV Shows are still saying they are empty. I have followed the best practise guide for simple Source Folders as described here https://kodi.wiki/view/Source_folder but although when creating the link it goes through all the correct actions when the progress bar appears it immediately disappears and nothing gets added ?
I have set indexing to start at start-up, but I must have missed something crucial to get indexing to work on these other folders ?
To access all my files I have added each source folder to favourites which works OK, but as they are not indexed to does take some time to show my files every time I navigate the folders.
Any help much appreciated...
(2023-06-06, 12:23)DaveG6HNI Wrote: TV Shows are still saying they are empty
Are you using nfo files?

Go to your TV Show Source, call up the Context menu and select Change / Set Content.
Ensure you have a scraper set. You should be using TMDB TV Shows.

If it still doesn't work, provide a Debug Log that captures you scraping your tv show source.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi, thanks for the reply
I can find nfo files in Movies & Music, but there are no nfo files in Music Video or TV Shows ?
I checked the 4 source folders Content and they are all set correctly i.e. "This directory contains " TV Shows & Music Videos.

Just a thought, how are the nfo files generated or where do they come from as I'm guessing that may be the issue ?
(2023-06-06, 13:32)DaveG6HNI Wrote: I checked the 4 source folders Content and they are all set correctly i.e. "This directory contains " TV Shows & Music Videos.
And which scrapers are set for those sources?

(2023-06-06, 13:32)DaveG6HNI Wrote: Just a thought, how are the nfo files generated or where do they come from as I'm guessing that may be the issue ?
Kodi only creates nfo files when you run the Export to Single Files option.
If you have pre-existing nfo files, then you are using some other program that is automatically creating them. If this is happening without you being aware of it, then the nfo files are most likely causing the problem as they are probably not Kodi compatible.

I'll need the Debug Log for any further help.
My Signature
Piling on to this thread - I get the 'empty library' message on RPs running Kodi in other rooms.  Those installs are pointed to the Win10 PC that contains all the ripped media content.  Can I make that message go away by simply adding an NFP file?  Would it have to be an 'empty' NFO since all the movies, TV and music are being pulled from the Win10 PC, as the RPs have no local content.
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR
(2023-09-15, 05:12)dshorrosh Wrote: I get the 'empty library' message on RPs running Kodi in other rooms.  Those installs are pointed to the Win10 PC that contains all the ripped media content.
Have you scanned those items into the library?
My Signature
Sorry for the late reply.  Yes I navigated to Settings > Media > Library > Music, right-clicked on the appropriate source, selected 'Scan item to library'.  Spinning circle showed progress, but the 'empty library' message persists.

'Scan item to library' option did not appear when I right-clicked after navigating the same path as above but > Videos.

It's an annoyance.  The media appears when I select the menu option.
Win10 64-bit
Kodi 20.1 / Mimic-LR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Your library is currently empty...?0