v20 [MOD] Aeon MQ5 for Kodi Nexus
For anyone still using Aeon MQ5, I have a new mod version that works in Nexus 20 A1+.

Aeon MQ5 NexusMod 12.5.0
Update 2023 02 28

Here's a few new capabilities:
  • HDR flags are now shown based on video Codecs
  • New aspect ratio flags are available
  • Virtual keyboard provides show/hide button for password entry
  • Music videos can now show runtime as
    Code:
    minutes:secs
  • In the video info dialog, if you navigate up to the MPAA rating flag, a button allows you to open an additional info dialog
  • You can now display widgets on the home window for addons
  • The new colorbutton is used to select video item case color
  • A new skin setting (general) is provided to set how long the seek bar displays after seek (0 / off - 5 sec)  I you upgrade an existing install you must set this otherwise for fresh installs default is 2 secs
  • Changes to Nexus screen calibration dialog are provided such as a new "reset" control

It is recommended that you install the skin from my repo to ensure all dependencies can be installed when installing.  I also provide some other addons that I updated to Python 3.  The most important one is Extendedinfo 6.0.5~beta.1.  This update is also provided to the official repo but no time frame on when it will be merged.

Repo is here:
11.1.0 repo

Direct link to skin:
release 12.5.0

scott s.
2022-11-14 New release 12.4.0

I have released ver 12.4.0 of Aeon MQ5 NexusMod for Kodi v20 (Nexus) Beta 1. Available at my github as a release or via my addon repo.

NexusMod 12.4.0

A new window, favouritesbrowser, is available and replaces the existing "favourites" menu item. It will be installed as a home window menu item for new installs of the skin, but for updates of an existing install the old favourites dialog will remain. To switch to the new window, use the customize home window option, select the "favourites" menu / submenu item and select "replace this window with ..." then select "favourites" in the right-side list. Don't forget to back up the home window menu if you use that feature.
Hi,
Thanks a lot for such a skin!

I got an issue in music karaoke mode, lyrics stay stuck to the first line.

Kodi Nexus RC1.
(2022-12-24, 13:05)djreedoo Wrote: Hi,
Thanks a lot for such a skin!

I got an issue in music karaoke mode, lyrics stay stuck to the first line.

Kodi Nexus RC1.

I am away from home so have limited ability to check on this right now.  I admit have not looked at the karaoke mode as Kodi seems to have deprecated that.

scott s.
Thanks for your reply.
I meant when listening for some titles in music, you can have lyrics scrolling down if you choose this visualisation.
The lyrics aren't auto scrolling whatever the title is.
Excellent skin! Thanks so much for your work on this! Is there any way to hide the "seeking" indicator that darkens the bottom of the screen and shows "seeking" text? I expected completely hidden furniture to hide it but maybe there's some other way?
nevermind, I fixed it by editing the xml file as per this post )I also edited the height to be 1 px) so the seekbar is completely hidden.

Thanks again for an awesome skin!
(2022-12-31, 15:45)ksdomino Wrote: nevermind, I fixed it by editing the xml file as per this post )I also edited the height to be 1 px) so the seekbar is completely hidden.

Thanks again for an awesome skin!

this post : https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2874649
Love your work here, epsecially as we wait for MQ9.

I do have a question though. The recently added widget for TV shows each episode individually and I was wondering it that can be changed to just show each show that has been updated rather than cluttering up with each episode of a specific show?

Thanks
I'm still away from home so limited time to work on the skin.

The widgets for library nodes are from service.skin.widgets.  I am maintaining that since it was orphaned, but all I've done is keep it working in Matrix/Nexus.  It will be a bit but I will take a look at it as I agree that it could use some other options.  Note that if you assign a playlist to the menu, a different addon supplies the widgets (randomandlastitems).

The DialogSeekBar had a change for Nexus that allows a skin-set time to show during and after seek, right now I have it hard-coded but it could be exposed as a skin setting.

scott s.
A new version 12.5.0 has been released with a skin setting you can use to turn off seek bar display after seek, or set a time 1 - 5 secs.  See first post in thread for details.  My skin repo includes script.extendedinfo 6.0.5~beta.1 with many bug fixes.  This update has been submitted to official Kodi as ver 6.0.5.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon MQ5 for Kodi Nexus0