Best way yo use LG magic remote with KODI?
My current setup is a Intel NUC 11 running Windows 11 that is connected via HDMI to my LG OLED55C9 TV. From the TV i use optical out for sound, connected to my Yamaha WXA-50 reciever. My LG TV actually recognised my Yamaha reciever, meaning I now can opereate the volume of the reciever with the Magic remote from the LG TV. My earlier setup used a different computer that had an IR port and a dedicated remove, but if possible I would like to do away with have too many remotes.

The Intel NUC 11 supports CEC, though only for powering on and off. The options that I have read about would either to get a Pulse Eight USB-CEC device and use the LG magic remote via the TV and the HDMI cable to control KODI. Another option may be getting a FLIRC IR USB reciever and use the LG magic remote with it. It would be nice if the NUC stopped responding to the commands from the remote when not in use i.e. when I use the remote for TV och smart TV apps. I am aslo a bit terrified of the amount of work that may lay ahead of me, I switched to Apple around 10 years ago because of pure frustration with trying to make PC things work. One problem seems to be when I access the CEC-menu from the LG TV, I have to choose a specific device to pair it with i.e. DVD, reciever, PC etc and I cant seem to override it and making a "custom set" that the Pulse Eight USB-CEC would respond to.

Which would be the prefered method? Are they simple and do they work as described?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best way yo use LG magic remote with KODI?0