v19 Keyboard/mouse does not work in DOSBOX
Hi,

I've got Kodi 19 up and running on a Windows 10 machine, and I'm having issues with DOSBOX.

If I install the DOSBOX add-on and try to run it out of the box, it crashes immediately (taking Kodi with it).

I'm able to launch DOSBOX if I disable 'core-options' in the add-on settings. However, when DOSBOX starts, neither the keyboard nor the mouse buttons work (the mouse pointer works).

Neither the Kodi keyboard shortcuts (esc, backspace, etc.) work, nor do these keys do anything in DOSBOX. The same goes for the mouse buttons. They don't work with the Kodi app nor do they work with the DOSBOX add-on.

I have tried remapping both mouse and keyboard (in Kodi > Settings > System > Input > Controllers), to no avail.

I've also fiddled with the buttonmap.xml file (C:\Users\__\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\game.libretro.dosbox\resources).

Deleting the mouse section of buttonmap.xml led to a rather bizarre scenario where moving the mouse brought up the Kodi game context menu (pause/resume, exit, etc.)

Deleting the keyboard section of buttonmap.xml enabled the Kodi keyboard shortcuts, but did not enable any keyboard inputs for DOSBOX.

DOSBOX works correctly on this system both as a standalone app and as a core in RetroArch.
Oh. One more thing:

Keyboard is a wired OEM USB keyboard.

However, the same behavior occurred when I was using a VNC client on a remote computer.
Based on a section in the README.DOSBOX file, which covers issues when more than one keyboard is connected to the system, I disconnected the USB remote. No change.

Also, I tested the USB remote, and it also did not work in DOSBOX.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keyboard/mouse does not work in DOSBOX0