setting kodi up
I am running with ubuntu 20.04.4

I have switched my main drive and have installed kodi on it.  Now I have to set it up.  My old kodi is now on the disk I used to use and all the files are there as well.  Now, however I have to tell kodi wheere the videos are.  as I said, I have all the old kodi files.  I wonder if it wold be possible to copy some files from the old kod to the new from the oold drive which might make my task easier.  This is not a big deal but it would be nice.  I would also have to change addresses and whatnot in the old files as well. 

thank you.................
Processor:                     AMD FX(tn)-4300 Quad-Core Processor
Memory:                        15307MB (4282MB used)
Operating System:        Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
When you both new and old drives connected in Ubuntu, it should be any thing to copy your old configuration to the new drive using Ubuntu's File Manager.
Changing the source paths in the existing Kodi video database will be a lot trickier. How is your knowledge of SQL ? On the other hand, starting over new with scraping your media collection will also produce a clean new library without any leftovers from the old situation. But I'm guessing you want to keep any watched statuses?
(2022-07-05, 00:36)Klojum Wrote: When you both new and old drives connected in Ubuntu, it should be any thing to copy your old configuration to the new drive using Ubuntu's File Manager.
Changing the source paths in the existing Kodi video database will be a lot trickier. How is your knowledge of SQL ? On the other hand, starting over new with scraping your media collection will also produce a clean new library without any leftovers from the old situation. But I'm guessing you want to keep any watched statuses?

Trakt is for watched statuses…
Do a fresh setup on a new machine. Else you may invite old problems to it.
Thank you for the reply!

I have kodi running.  I did find a kodi file with 5 things in it.  I'm not sure this is the right one.  It has 4 folders in it addons, media, system, userdata and something about privacy.  Hopefully its the right one. 

I then ran modi, went to videos/files and started adding.  I have TWO MOVIES and don't know why.  What is more interesting  is that there is no "MOVIES" IN THE MAIN MENU. Then I added TV and that took about 2 hours!  Then I went to the main menu to try it. It said "no pvr addon enabled"  it sent me someplace to get one but I have no clue.  I only play downloaded stuff and have no idea what pvr I might need.  I can play the stuff straight out of videos but not from the main menu!  its been a lolng time since I set this program up and am  pretty ignorant about it all. 

Any help would be appreciated.
thank you for the replies!

This morning I turned on kodi and everything looks dandy so I think I will just leave it alolne and move on.  Yesterday I did turn it off and then on and still had problems and today I have none!  Must have been breathing right today.

Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
setting kodi up0