kodi automounts sd card
Hi, i have an issue with kodi running on ubuntu. I use this system also to write images to sd cards. But this fails, if i do not stop kodi before restoring images to sd cards. It looks like kodi tries to mount the sd whenever it is partitioned as i find them always mounted. If i stop kodi before, it remains unmounted.

I found an udev rule which sounds goot, but it works with blkids  - and they should change everytime for a new sd card. So is it possible to stop automounting for sdd or USB drives e.g. ?
Kodi is not the OS here, but Ubuntu (auto)mounts the SDcard. Kodi just picks up on what the OS provides. But in all practicality... Why would you run Kodi and write images SDcards at the same time? I use Ubuntu and Kodi on my machines, and use one of them to create SDcards/USB sticks. Just not simultaneously.
kodi is just a service an my ubuntu system and it is a bit bothering to stop this service before use and above that i always forget it. Above that, if i restart the service i need to switch on my beamer since the resolution is wrong if i restart the service with switched off beamer.

Since i do not have this issue if i stop the service before it must have to do something with kodi ? If i stop the kodi service the sd card remains unmounted.
Are you probably starting Kodi with the --standalone option?

Please have a look at: 

https://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings....lemounting

It refers to "udisks" or "udisks2" but could probably help in your case as well. 

If not, I guess there's not much we can do. Kodi mounts external media automatically as that's what 99% of our users want. You could write a script for writing images to your sd card and pass that image as a parameter to that script. Inside that script you could take care of the mount-status of the device you want to write the image to and unmount it if needed. Might depend on what you are using to write the image to the card. If it's a command-line thing or if you use some application.
<handlemounting>0</handlemounting>
to advancedsettings.xml

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi automounts sd card0