Solved How to stop Kodi from marking video 100% complete when near the end of a video
Hi,

I watch some large videos on Kodi, currently I am watching a tutorial that is 4 hours and 40 minutes, I'm over 4 hours into it and I pressed stop - the problem is that Kodi stops remembering exactly where I am and marks the video as played.  Kodi no longer asks me to resume exactly where I left off.  My question is can I stop this behaviour - I don't need a tick mark to say I have watched a video but I need to pick up exactly where I left off and finish the video 100% - down to the last 30 seconds.
It shouldn't matter whether a video is short or long. That status of every video, scraped or not, is being tracked & stored in the video database. If the watched and/or resume status is no longer stored, then you may have a corrupted video database.

Some things about the watched status you can adjust in the advancedsettings.xml file are for example:
xml:
<video>
<playcountminimumpercent>99</playcountminimumpercent>
<ignoresecondsatstart>10</ignoresecondsatstart>
<ignorepercentatend>1</ignorepercentatend>
</video>
I don't think it's corrupt, I have been using Kodi on several machines and they all have this attribute - saying I completed a long video when there might be fair percentage left.  I would like to try your suggestion but I have not found advancedsettings.xml on my system. 

https://imgur.com/a/qcfDI4u
(2022-07-18, 09:33)aindriu80 Wrote: I would like to try your suggestion but I have not found advancedsettings.xml on my system. 

Then simply create it with your standard ASCII text editor, which shouldn't be a problem when you're on Linux.
In full:
xml:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

There are plenty of other settings to put in there.
(2022-07-18, 09:52)Klojum Wrote:
(2022-07-18, 09:33)aindriu80 Wrote: I would like to try your suggestion but I have not found advancedsettings.xml on my system. 

Then simply create it with your standard ASCII text editor, which shouldn't be a problem when you're on Linux.
In full:
xml:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
</video>
</advancedsettings>

There are plenty of other settings to put in there.

I've just tried it with and without the script and it works perfectly, thanks very much! Very satisfying Smile
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to stop Kodi from marking video 100% complete when near the end of a video0