Solved Movie Plots missing
I have not added anything to my system for months and added a few older movies today and am noticing that the movie plots are missing.  I did add an old tv series and all the episode plots show.  I then tried several other movies and same thing.  I have it set up so kodi writes the nfo file for more and then keep that and posters/fanart in same folder.  When I looked at the nfo file created, I see info in the outline but the plot is empty.  I copy the outline into the plot area, rescan and the movie plot now shows in rapier.  I did update to 19.4.o and I think I have the most recent rapier 12.3.5.  I also went to add-ons and everything is set to autoupdate.  Gabes add-on repository was not set for auto update and I changed that and it updated.  I did reboot kodi.  I am using this on my test PC windows 10 64bit.

I am thinking something is unchecked but cant find it.
(2022-08-01, 20:40)badbones Wrote: am noticing that the movie plots are missing
Which scraper are you using?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I am using The Movie Database Python 1.6.1+matrix.1

I tried the Movie Database 5.2.6 and Universal Movie Scraper 5.5.7

All three did not capture the movie plots.  All I did was perform a rescan in selected movies once I switched to each scraper.  This all worked fine when I last laded in movies.  I get really busy with work and this sits on the back burner until I have time to get to it again which is now.  I do forget things and settings, but it comes back when I start playing with things.  I keep this as generic as possible and I like the nfo files so that when I rescan, the info is all there
(2022-08-01, 21:52)badbones Wrote: I am using The Movie Database Python 1.6.1+matrix.1
Try updating to the latest version... https://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/matrix/me...rg.python/

If the problem is still there, provide a Debug Log that captures you scraping the movie.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I updated and that did not work right. I hope I did the debug right. The new movie I tried to scan is "the Curse of the Faceless Man" I know..its an old sci-fi

here is the log if I did it right

https://paste.kodi.tv/wodawobuco.kodi
You are using TheMovieDB-Python for one of your sources.

Another Source you are using Universal Movie Scraper which is the one that contains the movie you mention.
xml:
<CAddonSettings[metadata.universal]>: trying to load setting definitions from old format...
DEBUG <general>: ADDON::CScraper::FindMovie: Searching for 'Curse of the Faceless Man' using Universal Movie Scraper scraper

This scraper did have the Plot problem... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3101217
It was fixed and a new update pushed out. I guess you are still using an old version.
Either change scraper to TheMovieDB Python or update the Universal Movie scraper.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Changing_Scrapers
My Signature
Once again you are a problem solver.  I think what happened is when I was trying other scrapers to test if they did the same thing prior to the new DL you sent, I forgot to reset that one scraper for the test folder and fixed it with the other folder.

All is working again just fine.  Thank you and you can close this solved!!
(2022-08-01, 23:48)badbones Wrote: All is working again just fine.  Thank you and you can close this solved!!
Great. Enjoy!!

Also, I'll move this thread to the correct forum.
My Signature
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
@Karellen

Thanks so much for helping out with this Wink
So when using The Universal movie Scrapper, if plot is set to IMDB - it will NOT retrieve the plot.  Something bad is going on with IMDB right now.  Not sure how many scrappers its affecting!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Plots missing0