Kodi on Fire TV not playing some .avi files after upgrading
Upgraded Sunday from Krypton to latest version on my Fire TV.  Now it won't play .avi files (some, not all) that it was able to play before.  This happened once before when I tried to upgrade a couple of years ago--back then I just downgraded back to Krypton.  I'm not finding any errors when I check.  Basically I see the blue circle, then the line as though it is actually playing is up at the top of the screen, just no picture nor sound.  The installation really is a great technical achievement for me, so I don't think I"ll do well with any complicated actions other than downgrading back to my previous version.  I"m just wondering if my searches for explanations missed something obvious and there's a straightforward fix for me.  I know my inability to provide more technical details is limiting, but I'm hoping there's some obvious, logical solution to videos that played on a previous version not playing that I can try first.  Thanks/sorry.
Without a full debug log we can't really help.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
I have followed the steps but am getting an error on Kodi Logfile Uploader "Error posting the kodi.log file.  The fille is too large.  Max size is 1MB."  Based on the instructions, I think there may be something faulty in my restart?  I go to the "Power options" which is the upper left icon, then "Exit".  Kodi turns off on my FIre TV.  Then I restart it, replicate trying to play the problematic file and run Kodi Logfile Uploader.  I also tried the extra step of restarting my fire TV but got the same error.
Never did figure it out or how to get the log and post it.  I ended up installing the old 17.6 and it's working fine as it did before.  Apologies once again for not being able to supply good information and appreciation to all who read through the post.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi on Fire TV not playing some .avi files after upgrading0