Android How to playback 1080p HDR in KODI 19.4.
Any ideas.
My X92 android box with KODI 19.4 will not play back 1080p HDR.
The android MoviePlayer will play 1080p HDR.
HDR is only supported for mp4 files, no other container is supported currently. To use HDR mkv for example you need to use a community build from https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=360018
(2022-08-07, 00:14)jjd-uk Wrote: HDR is only supported for mp4 files, no other container is supported currently. To use HDR mkv for example you need to use a community build from

Is the user attempting play DV or HDR10? The user may not know the difference but it is surprising no one is mentioning Kodi 19.4 supports HDR10 just fine, the problem is Dolby Vision HDR.
Life is short, I don't have time for squabbles. Lets be friends, lets enjoy Kodi :)
Depends on OS, Windows supports HDR10 from any container, however I believe Android is mp4 only although I'll admit to not being 100% sure, and Linux doesn't support HDR at all. Do you know for a fact Android supports HDR10 in other containers?
(2022-08-12, 17:26)jjd-uk Wrote: Depends on OS, Windows supports HDR10 from any container, however I believe Android is mp4 only although I'll admit to not being 100% sure, and Linux doesn't support HDR at all. Do you know for a fact Android supports HDR10 in other containers?

Yes, I know for a fact it does. I have TCL android TV. I can either play the files directly on TV Kodi from Playstore via SMB or on Windows Kodi via HDMI. All my HDR files are MKV except for DV which are in MP4. It even supports HDR10plus and HLG on my TV (TV detects the correct HDR format and display the logo). For DV, the colours are greenish.
Life is short, I don't have time for squabbles. Lets be friends, lets enjoy Kodi :)
OK thanks for confirming, something must have changed then I wasn't aware of, I thought we were still waiting for a ffmpeg update to get the other containers working.
HDR10

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to playback 1080p HDR in KODI 19.4.0