Wrong picons for some channels
despite the fact that the picon exists, TVHeadend server correctly points to it, the wrong picon is displayed by Kodi. why?
I know I can change it manually in Kodi, but I don't want to, this is not only one.
Have you tried clearing cache data? Icons remain in cache until refreshed
Pvr&livetv->general->clear data
Hello @toml272

I am having this same problem right now too!

I might be wrong or only a bit correct but I think the issue is that Kodi expects the channel images to be named exactly the same way it displays them.
You could test by creating an image file named: "Dvojka HD.png" in Z:\BACKUP\tvh\picons

Actually Kodi does not seem to be case-sensitive so this should also work:
"Z:\BACKUP\tvh\picons\dvojka hd.png"

Then to check if the channel image works in kodi close down your Kodi client and start it up again or just go in to Kodi > System > Settings > PVR & Live TV > Menu/OSD > Scan for missing icons.
Maybe this is only needed when using Channel icons and maybe Kodi is supposed to correctly load channel images when they are named with service references like you have (picons).
I don't really understand this fully!

Flex
unfortunately clearing the cache in pvr>general didn't work.
(2022-08-21, 11:54)flexmcmurphy Wrote: Hello @toml272

I am having this same problem right now too!

I might be wrong or only a bit correct but I think the issue is that Kodi expects the channel images to be named exactly the same way it displays them.
You could test by creating an image file named: "Dvojka HD.png" in Z:\BACKUP\tvh\picons

Actually Kodi does not seem to be case-sensitive so this should also work:
"Z:\BACKUP\tvh\picons\dvojka hd.png"

Then to check if the channel image works in kodi close down your Kodi client and start it up again or just go in to Kodi > System > Settings > PVR & Live TV > Menu/OSD > Scan for missing icons.
Maybe this is only needed when using Channel icons and maybe Kodi is supposed to correctly load channel images when they are named with service references like you have (picons).
I don't really understand this fully!

Flex
even if it could help, it's not the solution, just a workaround. same workaround as selecting the picon manually from kodi's channel manager.
if you have 60+ channels where you need to rename from the proper naming format (1_0_1_1B81_C88_3_EB0000_0_0_0.png), which contains information about channel which are generally recognized by any STB and TVHeadend server well, it's hours of work. when you download the set of picons from internet, with this naming scheme, it's usually 800+ picons. then you need to go through it and pair each of them to the channel in Kodi, then renaming it.
and if you only have to do it for few channels that have the picon screwed, it's still manual workaround for something that is working just fine for the rest of the channels without any issue. so, my question again is: why it just can't display the correct piconHuh and what can I do, except manually selecting the picon in channels manager or renaming the png, cause those are workarounds not fixes, that would fix it for good.
@toml272

I'm using Channel icons in TVHeadend... I spent hours correcting the naming of the channel images so they would appear in TVHeadend the way it expects them to be named... and then I realised Kodi requires them to be named with the Kodi display name so then I had to copy them in to another folder and spend another few hours renaming them so Kodi could find them!

I agree with you... it would be ideal if Kodi just recognised the Service reference naming scheme so once you got that working in TVHeadend the picons should also just work in Kodi. If Kodi is meant to work this way then yeah I guess what I did is a workaround.... but it does work!

Flex
btw, look what I just noticed, that I haven't noticed before. it's clearly Kodi issue.
in the main screen with the channel groups (all, recent, favorite...), it show correctly.
in the channels list it shows wrong.
(2022-08-21, 14:18)flexmcmurphy Wrote: @toml272

I'm using Channel icons in TVHeadend... I spent hours correcting the naming of the channel images so they would appear in TVHeadend the way it expects them to be named... and then I realised Kodi requires them to be named with the Kodi display name so then I had to copy them in to another folder and spend another few hours renaming them so Kodi could find them!

I agree with you... it would be ideal if Kodi just recognised the Service reference naming scheme so once you got that working in TVHeadend the picons should also just work in Kodi. If Kodi is meant to work this way then yeah I guess what I did is a workaround.... but it does work!

Flex
that's not correct. Kodi doesn't need to manage the picons and I don't want it to. I want Kodi to take everything, every piece of information from backend, the TVHeadend server. every time I would reinstall kodi for whatever reason, I'd have to do it again... while the TVHeadend is virtually "set once and forget".
from the two screenshots I just sent it's clear kodi has something somewhere stuck wrong and needs to be reset. because in one location it shows correctly, in another it shows right.

and btw, I didn't need to spend even one minute to set up the picon location in TVHeadend and it worked without any issue in Kodi, until I had to reinstall my tv box. since then, I see those issues.
(2022-08-21, 14:51)toml272 Wrote: that's not correct. Kodi doesn't need to manage the picons and I don't want it to. I want Kodi to take everything, every piece of information from backend, the TVHeadend server.
But I suppose you need to tell kodi to do this?

In Kodi System/Settings > PVR & Live TV > Menu/OSD you have to tell kodi where the channel icons are stored, it doesn't just automatically know that. Such is my understanding.

The HTSP client doesn't give the option to clarify to Kodi what channel naming convention to use: Channel Icons or Picons and if using Channel Icons what TVHeadend Name Scheme is being used.
I'm beginning to suspect now that I “could” have made my channel icons compatible in both TVHeadend AND Kodi by setting the TVHeadend "Channel icon name scheme" = No scheme (which takes the channel name exactly as it is in the Services tab) instead of “Service name picons” (which formats the channel name in such a way to remove spaces and unusual characters) These options are available in TVH > Configuration > General > Base > Channel icon/Picon Settings.

Would be great if someone who understands this could advise!

Flex
ok, now it's fixed. I don't know which one, but I guess it was textures13.db. deleting that DB did the trick. now all the pictures are displayed correctly from TVHeadend backend.
@toml272
Can I ask you something? It's related to this topic and might help others who read this thread.

Did you make any particular settings in Kodi System/Settings > PVR & Live TV?
For instance in the General or the Menu/OSD categories there?
For example, is your "Folder with channel icons" pointing to where your picons are located or not? You said earlier: "I want Kodi to take everything, every piece of information from backend, the TVHeadend server."
Did you need to make a setting somewhere in "PVR & Live TV" or in the HTSP Client settings maybe to tell Kodi to take everything from TVHeadend? If not then how does Kodi know where to get the picons from?

I would be grateful if you can help me understand this.

Cheers,

Flex
no changes in Kodi. there is no need to. if you configure picon path in TVHeadend, I guess it's pushed to Kodi via TVHeadend HTSP client addon altogether with channels, epg, recordings info, etc.
but it seems that in my case the textures13.db (I assume that one, because I also removed TV38.db) was somehow stuck and wasn't able to get updated with correct picon in channels window. while it showed correct picon on main screen's TV channel groups section.

but now after removing those two db files, all is ok. also for other problematic channels' picons.
Thanks for the explanation...

I'm also using the HTSP client but I thought I needed to specify a location for the "Folder with channel icons" in Kodi System/Settings > PVR & Live TV > Menu/OSD.
Maybe it's because I did specify a location that Kodi then applied its particular naming scheme for my channel icons... which in my case they apparently need to be named the same way they are displayed in Kodi... but not case sensitive.
Still would have been nice to know this earlier... lots of things not well documented about TVHeadend!

Flex
if your TVHeadend server can't reach the picons location, sure you need to set it up in KODI. but imho, it's more clean to have it setup in TVHeadend server configuration if it can reach that picons location.
I just had the same problem with Kodi 20.2 + Tvheadend, with all TV channel icons mixed up.
Deleting cache, disabling/re-enabling the tvheadend plugin etc: no effect.
Deleting file Textures13.db has been a workaround. Thanks @toml272 for the hint!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wrong picons for some channels0