HDMI output RPi3 LIBRELEC 10.0
HI,
I just upgrade to LIBREELEC10 but did not succeed in obtaining HDMI output at boot. I try several things (changing HDMI parameters in the config.txt file) but the screen turns on only when changing dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d to dtoverlay=vc4-fkms-v3d in the distroconfig.txt file.
However, this change implies that the max resolution I can select in KODI is 1024 while the projector I have is full HD.
Please can you help me fix the problem.
Thanks
It's likely the edid cannot be read from display.
This is usually due to a bad cable. Do you have another to try?
If using a case like the Argon One (which extends hdmi cable, but doesn't wire all the necessary lines), try without it.
Thanks for your answer.
I tried to change the HDMI cable but with no success. The surprising thing is that it works perfectly with the previous release Libreelec 9.2.8
(2022-08-22, 18:24)cilethonat Wrote: The surprising thing is that it works perfectly with the previous release Libreelec 9.2.8

Not that surprising. It's been known from the release notes of LE 10 that the RPi3 would not have full support, because of the new video driver for RPi4 and other chipsets. Some things like full HEVC support are not going to be in LE10 for the RPi3.
Ok thanks.
So I will downgrade back to the previous LE release unril I buy a new rpi !!
In terms of display, Pi0-3 should be as well supported as Pi4.
The move from firmware side display driver (fkms) to arm side display driver (kms)
does mean we do things the standard linux way, in terms of edid parsing and choosing the preferred mode.
And any change (especially if related to faulty reporting by the display) can cause issues.

You can try changing the display driver to fkms as a workaround.
On libreelec try editing the kms line to fkms in /flash/distroconfig.txt

Or if you want to investigate why it's failing can you run:
Code:
wc /sys/devices/platform/soc/soc:gpu/drm/card0/card0-HDMI-A-1/edid
if the size reported (the third number) is greater than zero, you can run:
Code:
edid-decode /sys/devices/platform/soc/soc:gpu/drm/card0/card0-HDMI-A-1/edid
to see the modes supported.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI output RPi3 LIBRELEC 10.00