*.edl files are ignored if xbmcplugin.SetResolvedUrl is used
Hi,

My folder structure is something like:

/myFolder/00001.ts
/myFolder/00001.edl

If my plugin plays 00001.ts directly like:
Quote:xbmcplugin.addDirectoryItem(handle=addon_handle, url="/myFolder/00001.ts",
                                listitem=li, isFolder=False, totalItems = totalItems)
it works perfectly, and /myFolder/00001.edl is used to skip the advertisements Smile.

But, if I use setResolvedUrl like here:
Quote:li = xbmcgui.ListItem()
li.setProperty('IsPlayable', 'true')
li.setPath("/myFolder/00001.ts")
xbmcplugin.setResolvedUrl(int(sys.argv[ 1 ]),True,li)
The video also plays, but /myFolder/00001.edl is completely ignored.
Can I change something, so *.edl files are also used if xbmcplugin.setResolvedUrl is used?

If not: Can I make a development request to the KODI team, and ask to also use take into account *.edl files if xbmcplugin.setResolvedUrl is used?

~ Markus
I cannot reproduce this. It's working for me regardless of using setResolvedUrl:

python:

liz = ListItem()
liz.setProperty('IsPlayable', 'true')
liz.setPath("/home/arch/Videos/testeedl/TEST.mpg")
setResolvedUrl(int(sys.argv[1]), True, liz)

Note that Kodi edl uses the dynpath (dynamic path) of the item, so even if you are playing a plugin:// path, when the execution flow reaches this point the returned url is the actual path of the item (/home/arch/Videos/testeedl/TEST.mpg in my case):

Thank you!

I re-tested, and for simple file paths like "/myFolder/00001.ts"  it works Smile .
But, if I have something like: "stack:///myFolder/00001.ts" it still does not work, if "stack:///myFolder/00001.ts" is returned by setResolvedUrl   Sad .

~ Markus
It should work for all paths in your hard drive (HD) or lan (e.g. nfs/smb), won't work for http paths. For stacks it should also work but it comes down to what URI types are in your stack.
i.e. if you have a stack of plugin paths it won't work because the plugin paths are not resolved at that point in time. But if you have a stack of hd files it'll work (e.g. stack://mydiscfile1.ts,mydiscfile2.ts).
Hi,

Can you please test with:

liz.setPath("stack:///home/arch/Videos/testeedl/TEST.mpg")

I tested, and for me it did not work with the stack:// protocol.

Thanks for your help, Markus
Yeap I can confirm that does not work. Also spent a bit of time debugging this and adding support for stacks in edl in the code is not trivial...
Hi,

Thank you for checking. If I use it in my video plugin like:
Quote: xbmcplugin.addDirectoryItem(handle=addon_handle, url="stack::///myFolder/00001.ts",
                                listitem=li, isFolder=False, totalItems = totalItems)
it works perfectly. Would it be possible to implement it in the same way in "setResolvedUrl"?

~ Markus

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
*.edl files are ignored if xbmcplugin.SetResolvedUrl is used0