Excessive CPU usage with Kodi on QNAP resulting in lagging
Hey team, mind if I ask if the Kodi team is actively looking into this on a wider scale? 

I'm new to these forums but have been in the software support ecosystem going on 2 decades - forgive the cringey context, but just want to convey I fully understand that you folks deal with clueless people all day everyday. 

However, I was compelled to post tonight as I've spent the last week or so self-triaging before throwing up my hands and coming to the net to try and fix....

....and it was pretty clear within 5 seconds of me searching that there's something going on as of the last 1-3 weeks or so by googling recent threads across the net (all minimum of August 2022 and later through today)

It's being talked about everywhere - reddit, NVidia forums, QNAP forums, various discord servers around home automation/AV/etc., hell even in the official Marvel discord they were talking about it in one of the off-topic channels apparently, and even this forum there's a few threads in the last couple weeks.

I'm not trying to be pedantic here, I genuinely mean that and apologize if this post comes across that way, however there's clear, legitimate *patterns* that have emerged in the last couple weeks and I have to say it's getting hard to ignore - something is going on. Whether it's a popular add-on everyone has installed (which I totally understand you're not even slightly responsible for), or something within the platform itself, something is swirling around. 

FWIW I'm getting the exact same warning OP has in his logs which frankly surprised me since we're on two completely different OS, but specifically the:

json:
WARNING : OutputPicture - timeout waiting for buffer

...which is new for me to see in my own logs (fwiw I'm running Kodi on a QNAP NAS with dedicated GPU that's never had an issue viewing certain home movies that are H.264, that now suddenly can no longer play them despite the fact nothing has changed (at least willingly/purposely) on my end...

I'm more than happy to lend logs/troubleshooting steps per your suggestions as necessary, but really I'm just piggybacking onto this thread to see if this issue is even being triaged/investigated in an official manner yet (if there's some sort of announcement/blog I totally missed confirming this, feel free to shame me). If it's not, then I'll go ahead and create my own thread with the proper details, thanks!
Since you are using different hardware and using a forked Kodi installation, I'd thought it was better to split off your post.

We always prefer full debug-enabled logs via pastebin, single log lines really don't kick our crystal ball into gear.

Influences by add-ons or other background processes could always be a factor, but you mentioning that 'something changed' in the last couple of weeks is odd, as Kodi 19.4 has been out for some time now, so those changes should have been instantly. Setting up your Kodi device as a new/fresh installation without installing _any_ other add-on is typically the best way to get a baseline on Kodi's performance. Any outside interference might make the troubleshooting more difficult.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Excessive CPU usage with Kodi on QNAP resulting in lagging0