Bug Kodi v19 on Nvidia Shield TV Has Issues With Video Playlists
I posted a handful of months back that Kodi would keep auto closing on start... this would happen several times until it would eventually stay on for a few hours after several attempts. It would incrementally take longer each time to close after I started Kodi and it would then be good for about 3 or 4 hours until eventually auto closing again. After a system reboot, the problem would start over with the exact same symptoms everytime. After troubleshooting, I found that the cause of the issue was that I had too many video playlists. It seemed that anything over 50 playlists, or close to, would cause this issue. After removing  about 10, currently at 45 playlists, the problem hasn't come back.

I now have found another issue that has brought me back to the root of my previous problem... having too many video playlists. This current issue is giving my problems with video playback while playing a playlist. The specific symptom of this is while playing a music video playlist... after about 5 to 10 music videos, the video gets more and more choppy as it continues to play. It gets so bad that Kodi eventually crashes if you leave it going. I've primarily noticed this with music videos, and not necessarily a user created playlist... I just set it to play from the top of the "titles" section, for instance, with it set to automatically play the next video. I have noticed this behavior a few times while setting Kodi to play a full season of a series with a lot of episodes in that season. I haven't yet experimented with just a smaller amount of playlists and how many I can get away with, without the problem returning. But once I removed all playlists, just moved them to a backup folder, this problem is resolved.

I never noticed these 2 issues on Kodi v18 or prior... I would have to assume there's a bug somewhere creating this issue. While I can cope with this issue now that I've found the culprit... I would really like to have all of my playlists available at any given time, and actually have ideas for more, they're very handy for large libraries.

Edit #1: For the first issue I had, I did submit an error log and had a Kodi team member look at it. It didn't reflect the problem I was having so it was suggested I start a fresh build and use process of elimination... which is how I caught the problem. So I would assume that process wouldn't be helpful here either.

Edit #2: So an observation over the last couple of days... if you just click play on the playlist itself, it greatly reduces the symptoms but is still sort of present. Otherwise, the choppiness gets pretty bad if you browse into the playlist and start playing from within the listing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi v19 on Nvidia Shield TV Has Issues With Video Playlists0