DTS Passthrough audio drops out every so often for 0.5-1s in 19.4
My setup:

Kodi 19.4 running on Nvidia Shield Pro > Marantz NR1711 > Sony AJ84 65"
All firmware/software on latest possible version as of today.

Log: https://paste.kodi.tv/jokapedego.kodi

But I have also tried:

Kodi 19.3 and 19.4 running directly on Sony AJ84 > audio eARC to Marantz NR1711 and NR1504
Kodi 19.4 running on Shield connected directly to Sony AJ84 > audio eARC to Marantz NR1711

In short, I tried to run Kodi on 2 different systems, with two different AV receivers, connected either through AVR or directly to the TV, and same audio dropout problem occurs in every configuration.

The problem is as described in the title. When I play a movie with DTS-HD audio track or one of its variations such as Dolby Atmos, with passthrough enabled, I get audio dropouts. It is completely random, sometimes I get multiple drops within a minute, and sometimes nothing for 20-30 minutes. The problem does not occur with Stereo audio tracks, or with passthrough disabled completely.

Only with DTS + Passthrough enabled I can replicate this problem each time. Of course just disabling passthrough is not an option as that means no Dolby Atmos. 

In the attached log, I only played the movie for about 1 minute and 1 bad dropout happened during that time.

Anyone got any idea how to fix it? I have had this problem for almost a year now. I am completely out of ideas on how to fix it.
By the way, I just tried updating to v20 Alpha 3. Same thing, didn't help.

It is also worth noting that the problem I have happens with Kodi only. Netflix for example works flawlessly with Atmos audio passed through to my AVR.
What happens when you disable DTS but enable DTS-HD under passthrough options? And vice versa?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS Passthrough audio drops out every so often for 0.5-1s in 19.40