Req organization of favorites
Uso mucho la función de favoritos y me gustaría poder organizar mis favoritos con carpetas y tener organizados y separados películas de series, canales, complementos, etc.
(2022-10-05, 13:53)Javierrf84 Wrote: Uso mucho la función de favoritos

Please note that this is an English-only support forum. So kindly use a translation service such as Google Translate when necessary.
I use the favorites function a lot and I would like to be able to organize my favorites with folders and have organized and separated movies from series, channels, add-ons, etc.
@Javierrf84 I have merged your threads. You didn't (and shouldn't) start a new thread just to ask they same thing this time in English.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
There used to be an add-on called Add-on:Super Favourites (wiki) that did this, don't know if it's still available & supported. Might want to investigate Smart playlists (wiki) and Video nodes (wiki) here's a sample of using nodes & playlists.
This was an addon by someone else, abandoned, then I took a copy and got it working for Kodi 19 :

https://github.com/kcook98765/plugin.program.shortlist

There is no repo, so you'd need to download the zip and install manually.

I use it , and at least one other person used it and requested a feature to be able to rename the favorites, which I added.
(2022-10-06, 23:57)kcook_shield Wrote: took a copy and got it working for Kodi 19 :
Many thanks for that, and to add functionality is icing on the cake.

I'm hoping you will peruse the home thread for Super Favourites and add that link.
(2022-10-06, 23:57)kcook_shield Wrote: This was an addon by someone else, abandoned, then I took a copy and got it working for Kodi 19 :

https://github.com/kcook98765/plugin.program.shortlist

There is no repo, so you'd need to download the zip and install manually.

I use it , and at least one other person used it and requested a feature to be able to rename the favorites, which I added.
@kcook_shield 
Been hoping for something like this for years.  Please, please, please update this for Kodi v20.  The zip installed with no problem but when I bring up the context menu, there is no Add to Shortlist showing in the menu.  I can open the add-on and create a new shortlist, rename, etc. fwiw.

I want to confirm what the readme.md says because it sounds like what I'm looking for:
"View lists using KODI standard movie views"
Does this mean if I add a title to Shortlist, it will display the title like it displays in the Kodi library?

Presently, if I add a title to favorites, I open favorites, and all I see is a text list of favorites I've selected and a corresponding poster - that's it.  When I'm viewing this list with others it's always the same thing... "what's that movie about?"  Then I have to back out of favorites, open the Kodi library, navigate to the title in question, and only then are the details about it revealed - synopsis, fanart, information page access, etc.  This is a horrible workflow imo.  

I'm seeking a solution to simply add and/or remove titles to a list that we can review just as they appear in the Kodi library.  I tried SuperFavorites once but it wasn't what I was looking for.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
@brazen1  ,

I just installed most recent Nexus kodi and then the shortlist addon, and it does populate the context menu for me. I'm not sure why you would not be seeing it.

It does require that the Movie (only works with movies) is in your database (IE has a kodi Database ID associated with it).

If you still can't get it to display, feel free to open an issue in github for this addon and supply a kodi debug log, I can then try to see if I can spot the issue.

As for how these lists display once you have items in them, they do display like any other movie, with all the details (one reason this is limited to items in your Database), so you should be happy with the display (once you can get the context option to add them).
@kcook_shield 
Well, I closed Kodi after installing and reopened just now.  Low and behold... Add to Shortlist and Remove from Shortlist is now in the context menu!  Yee Haw!  Not only that, everything is working well using v20.  Exactly what I've requested years ago that got little interest if any.  I just happened to bump into this thread and clicked your GitHub link otherwise I'd have never known this existed.

Some feedback:

Imo, you and your add-on should get more exposure.  Perhaps even get it into the Kodi repo.  Yes, it's that good and much, much better than the Kodi Favorites for the reasons I listed earlier.  I'm fairly certain many users would find the 'Shortlist' add-on valuable... a necessity even.  Fwiw, I'm using Aeon Nox Silvo skin with a vertical menu and added 'Shortlist' to my 'Movies' submenu.  Two clicks and I'm presented with detailed favorites.  A couple clicks to add titles and a couple to remove.  Couldn't be simpler.

I should mention the titles in Shortlist do not display identical to the Kodi library using the same view (MyFlix in this case).  The Genre, Writer, and the Director above the synopsis are missing.  MPAA Rating and Studio icons do not display but all the metadata icons do.  ClearLogo does not display but generic logo text does.  Also, fanart does not rotate.  This using Aeon Nox Silvo.  Using Estuary, even less info displays.  I was pleasantly surprised to see animatedposter.gif displaying.  Despite these very minor nitpicks, everything else seems to be identical to the view in the Kodi library.  Thank you so much for adopting this add-on.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2022-10-08, 02:34)brazen1 Wrote: Yee Haw!  Not only that, everything is working well using v20.
I'll echo these sentiments, many times over!

"Yes, it's that good, much better than the Kodi Favourites; many users would find the 'Shortlist' add-on valuable."

P.S. thought I'd mention right list view - information on press shows full info 'Aeon Nox Silvano'.
I am glad it is working well for all of you. I'll see about digging into it deeper to add more details for the llist display. I only really picked up this addon and did some minimal changes to get it to run in Matrix (and get my feet wet with Python, as I come from a 25 year background with Perl and Mysql).

After I get some more list details working, and clean up the code a bit more, I will see about getting it into the Kodi repo.
After reviewing the code, it appears that when an item is "added" , it interrogates may fields ( filename, title, duration, rating, year, date, plot, plotoutline, thumb, poster, fanart ) and stores them in a database.

Then, when displaying the list, it uses those pieces of data to reconstruct the details.

So, any details not setup to be saved/regurgitated would be missing.

In addition, the "save" action is a single snapshot of this data at that time, so if something changes in these details, the changes would not be seen in the displayed list.

I am considering building a new addon (so as not to interfere with this one) that works differently:

1) I would store only the filename in the background when adding to a list
2) Based on these list of filenames, I would have the script generate XSP (smart Playlists) files, which would include searches on these filenames
3) Then to display these, all you need to do is "use" the XSP like any other Smart Playlist, which would then populate every detail because this is a built in Kodi process !

The only downside I see, is that working in this way, we could not force any specific "order" of the displayed list (but, you could use any sort/filter that you could with any other XSP list !)

Also, since these would be actual xsp lists, you could manually add another XSP that "combines" the lists to look for matching items (for example if you have a "his" and "her" list, manually add another xsp "his and hers" and set it up to list only those where there is an overlap !

Would love any feedback on this idea, and I can probably have some code to begin testing within a week or so (depending on my day job)
FYI, I have added this one to my newly setup Repo and setup a new thread for feedback/issues at:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=370104

Kodi File Manager Source:
https://kcook98765.github.io/repository.kcook98765/

Direct ZIP Install:
https://github.com/kcook98765/repository...-1.0.2.zip
(EDITED links above on 10/21/22 , as it was broken)
I like the idea of the rebuild, but suggest subsequent efforts should be disassociated from this gem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
organization of favorites0