• 20(current)
Aeon "Stark" - Working screens
Quote:I've known that. What I'm talking about though is about how this skin (Stark) may not work on a standard xbox even at 720p. At least that is what I've come to understand from what Duncan has said.

All DJH has said is that he has not tested or designed it for the Xbox. Whether or not it will work has not been tested yet. Well...not entirely. I know that the *leaked* version of Stark worked just FINE on my Xbox1. Granted, it was FAR from being complete, but the *initial* product worked without problems...
Well that will be sweet if it works on the xbox! I switched from Aeon to MediaStream because of a few things but would love to go to stark if it works well.
smcnally75 Wrote:Well that will be sweet if it works on the xbox! I switched from Aeon to MediaStream because of a few things but would love to go to stark if it works well.

I just wanna be clear...the version I tested was far from complete...most likely lacking in the majority of features that the final version will have. That incomplete snapshot worked on the Xbox.

Knowing DJH, I'd imagine that he's gonna be pushing the envelope as far as graphics go.
its a source issue that was put in sometime in the last 6months or so Jmarshal could fix id say but at present the xbox xml saving is over active and really slows down the window entry and exit.... if you change a setting (skin setting it should take about .1 of a sec to it) now it even glitch the music this includes stuff like sort by as it saves it to the settings file. If Jmarshal fixed this or someone else your skin would operate very fast I can can show you how to test this also could probably find the fix as it was fixed once for this issue a 18months ago.
BritneysPAIRS: Your harddisk is fragmented. Nothing (zero, zip, nada) has changed with this stuff for well over a year. You probably also have thousands of skin settings sitting in guisettings.xml from skinning attempts that won't be helping things.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I test the version with a clean install and even when you change the view method or sort method it takes about 1 second and glitchs the music if I roll the xbe back a year it takes about .1 of a sec and no music glitch with the same xml for my video on aeon

PS im using altantis final built from svn with guisettings wiped from boot back to defaults ... maybe its the extra features in the year newer xbe slowing things down like fanart im not to sure

I love aeon skin but to make it run smooth on xbox I rolled back the xbe about a year then added fanart and corrected the skin slightly and there is a world of diff in the speed it runs
First the good news (and no, there aren't really a million backdrops):

Say hello to the Aeon Assistant. You can summon it from any page within XBMC where it provides context-sensitive advice on various bits and bobs. This is in addition to the slides present in the standard Settings section. If the news update looks a little fuzzy, it's because it's downloaded from the Aeon server and is therefore optimised for speed. It's also the only thing in Aeon that does not now refer to strings.xml - not much I can do about that yet. Because the Assistant pops up over existing windows (though the window furniture fades out), it adopts whichever backdrop(s) are running at the time.

Some more good news:

The new schema for Aeon's xml and window structure should make modding or tweaking it a doddle. Includes are used where common sense says they should be, not to the point of needles in haystacks. Moreover, they've been organised into specific xml files according to purpose and named accordingly, so you can track them down in an instant. Comments, meanwhile, are used to explain pretty much everything that needs them

Some more good news:

Holy shit have I got a backdrop pack for you. Not quite a million, though. Now to find a host.

Now some bad news:

A work opportunity's come up that I simply can't turn down, which means delays. We're talking weeks rather than months, but let's just say you won't be downloading on New Year's Day. Apologies.

But at least:

Most of the important stuff's done and is entirely bug free, with skin-wide localisation support and optimised animation. This is probably bad news for volunteer translators as there are a *lot* of strings involved.
for the backdrop pack .. why don't you just torrent it ?
whats the filesize of this pack?
Dude...all I can do is sit and stare at the pics of this badboy. It's so freaking beautiful. And now I'm taking the time to sit down and set up thumbnails for all the various ROMS I've accrued over the years. I think that it's safe to say that I'm quite ready to use this skin now. Big Grin
digitalhigh Wrote:Dude...all I can do is sit and stare at the pics of this badboy. It's so freaking beautiful. And now I'm taking the time to sit down and set up thumbnails for all the various ROMS I've accrued over the years. I think that it's safe to say that I'm quite ready to use this skin now. Big Grin

hehe Smile
WoW... no more to say!!

If you're looking for someone to translate it in French let me know. (I can also help for translating it in Japanese)
If you need a translation in Dutch, let me know Smile
cyberwizzard Wrote:If you need a translation in Dutch, let me know Smile

I can translate into Australian Wink Big Grin

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
if you need me to look at the skin while it's in english, just say the word.
Contribute to TheTVDB.com - The Online TV Database
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon "Stark" - Working screens3