• 23(current)
Aeon "Stark" - Working screens
ashlar Wrote:I think posters, for the future, are the way to go. I, personally, love them and prefer them over wide banners.

What would be really nice is if XBMC could support BOTH types of gfx natively, and display them if the skin supported it...
Why cant you start it as a torrent. So many Computers are running all the day like mine and of course the torrent tool is on.
I agree torrenting the pack would be great. I will upload it for a while once I get it.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
digitalhigh Wrote:What would be really nice is if XBMC could support BOTH types of gfx natively, and display them if the skin supported it...

That's a good idea.
But what difference would it make to the end user? If a skinner wants banner views in they'll put them in. XBMC functionality has nothing to do with it.

Not trying to be argumentative here, just saying.
<rant>
Indeed in the end its djh_'s skin and if he want to do posters only tuff luck to banner users. Its not like with a little time and effort people can't learn to put them back into the skin anyway.
Once you start the skinning engine is very logical and easy to get a grip off its just taking the original effort to learn it.
Besides its all just plain text anyway not like its compiled code that you can't modify yourselves

</rant>
djh_ Wrote:But what difference would it make to the end user? If a skinner wants banner views in they'll put them in. XBMC functionality has nothing to do with it.

Not trying to be argumentative here, just saying.

I know what you're saying, and I honestly don't care about banners.

But I do remember when I made the switch from banners to posters for TV, and I thought it would be neat if you could put a showname-banner.jpg alongside the poster gfx file instead of having to do a rehaul if you want to switch skins or something.

It has little to do with Aeon Stark having poster view...but I think that it would be a lot easier for the people who already have a dedicated banner setup...the ones asking to have banners included.

I'm not really arguing for banners to be included in stark...I know why they're not there, and I agree with that reasoning. I'm just pointing out something that other users might like having...
I'm pretty new to XBMC so I may be missing something here, but doesn't the default TV scraper (thetvdb.com) use wide banners as the site default? It looks like it on their homepage.

A quick perusal of thetvdb.com for the TV shows I collect show less than 50% have poster views available, while 100% of the shows have wide banner views available.
you can chose in the skin what kind of icon you prefer.
tjost Wrote:you can chose in the skin what kind of icon you prefer.

Correction you can choose in XBMC scraper settings which you prefer nothing to do with AEON
Would I be completely insane to be hopeful for 16:10 compatibility (sans stretching)?
natew Wrote:Would I be completely insane to be hopeful for 16:10 compatibility (sans stretching)?

lol i've never even heard of this aspect ratio I don't think...
Competes2win Wrote:lol i've never even heard of this aspect ratio I don't think...

it is what many widescreen laptop monitors are.
widescreen TVs are 16:9, laptops are 16:10 (just to make us angry)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
its what my widescreen desktop lcd monitor is too. Kinda retarded.
natew Wrote:Would I be completely insane to be hopeful for 16:10 compatibility (sans stretching)?

Not insane but fruitless given that there's no control over that on the skinning side. Correct me if I'm wrong.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon "Stark" - Working screens3