Smart playlists on Amber
Hi, I am using Amber 3.4.11 on a KODI 19.3.0 installation on a Windows 10 PC.

I have a challenge related to playing TV Shows ripped from BluRays discs (see more here) which means I want to launch these in an external player. It has been recommended that I use Smart Playlists to accomplish this, as explained here. However I cannot even find the option to create new playlists. Where do I start? And does anyone know if I can set up a Playlist that opens the external player for video from the TV Shows category that is of a filetype iso|bdmv|mpls|m2ts?

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated!!
Hi cgroth,
not sure if i fully understand, why you want to use an external player and Smart Playlists for your TV Shows ripped from BD´s. Is your problem, that you have only one iso instead of several individual episodes??

When importing TV Shows from BD´s i would use MakeMKV to create the individual video files, then import them considering the naming conventions for episodes an play them with the standard Kodi Player.
Kodi 20.2 (for Windows) on Win11 HTPC
ZDMC 20.2 on Zidoo UHD3000
I don't think you can use a Smart Playlist to launch an External Player or for an external player to play the contents of a smart playlist.
You will need to use the iso|bdmv|mpls|m2ts extensions for that.

I only briefly played with external players a year or so ago, and I know this code here works... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3020331
Just adjust it to suit your setup. Let us know if it works.
Also... https://kodi.wiki/view/External_players
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks guys,

I want to use an external player to access the original menu of the ripped bluray disc, I don't think the internal KODI can do that.

I have an external player, and it launches fine, the only problem is that it launches for ALL ripped blurays, not just for TV Shows.

But if smart lists cannot do this then I will find another way to solve my problem as suggested here.

Thanks for your responses anyway :-)
(2022-10-11, 11:38)cgroth Wrote: ...I want to use an external player to access the original menu of the ripped bluray disc, I don't think the internal KODI can do that....
....i think the internal player should pretty well be able to display BD Menues. If i remember correctly there is a playback setting that offer you:
- Display BD Menue
- Display simplified menue
- Play Main Movie
(2022-10-11, 12:12)Reelyator Wrote:
(2022-10-11, 11:38)cgroth Wrote: ...I want to use an external player to access the original menu of the ripped bluray disc, I don't think the internal KODI can do that....
....i think the internal player should pretty well be able to display BD Menues. If i remember correctly there is a playback setting that offer you:
- Display BD Menue
- Display simplified menue
- Play Main Movie

Interesting, I will look into that! But I am still looking for a way to have my preferred functionality automated, esp for the rest of the family who use the home theatre as a simple and reliable DVD player system, with a simple universal remote, and where accessing "hidden" context menus and making that type of selections make them complain about my system being too complicated....
fyi, you can find this under: Settings/Player/Discs/Blu-ray playback mode
(2022-10-11, 14:22)Reelyator Wrote: fyi, you can find this under: Settings/Player/Discs/Blu-ray playback mode

Thanks @Reelyator, this solved my issue in a quick and good way!
Big Grin 
....glad to hear, that i could help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart playlists on Amber0