• 12(current)
Release Kodi Selective Cleaner addon support
(2023-05-30, 04:49)RuralHunter Wrote:
(2023-05-28, 16:37)jepsizofye Wrote: that usually happens when you havent removed a source from kodi properly

the 'proper' way would be to change a source's content to None then kodi will prompt to remove all its items from the library to which you answer in the affirmative and it will remove them from the database

then after that you can delete rename or otherwise make unavailable to kodi any sources

not doing the first step usually leaves orphans that clean library doesnt know how to handle
No. I didn't remove the source, but just deleted those movie files in the source directory.
heres what i do, you can try it out

after removing a movie from the source (delete or otherwise) try to access it from kodi, it will say no longer available would you like to remove it - say yes and it will be gone

note:
i personally cannot use clean library because i use jellyfin and all the entries are plugin:// so kodi will remove all of them because they do not physically exist on a disk
(2023-05-30, 05:51)jepsizofye Wrote:
(2023-05-30, 04:49)RuralHunter Wrote:
(2023-05-28, 16:37)jepsizofye Wrote: that usually happens when you havent removed a source from kodi properly

the 'proper' way would be to change a source's content to None then kodi will prompt to remove all its items from the library to which you answer in the affirmative and it will remove them from the database

then after that you can delete rename or otherwise make unavailable to kodi any sources

not doing the first step usually leaves orphans that clean library doesnt know how to handle
No. I didn't remove the source, but just deleted those movie files in the source directory.
heres what i do, you can try it out

after removing a movie from the source (delete or otherwise) try to access it from kodi, it will say no longer available would you like to remove it - say yes and it will be gone

note:
i personally cannot use clean library because i use jellyfin and all the entries are plugin:// so kodi will remove all of them because they do not physically exist on a disk

You should be able to able to use KS Cleaner as long as you don't do files table checking in strict mode (and even that would likely be OK but I've never fully tested JellyFin).  It doesn't check for physical media and such.  It simply does all database integrity checking looking for mismatches.  I've avoided physical drive / media checking due to the various platforms, SMB shares and such that Kodi runs on. 

Even though I author the KS Cleaner tool, I rarely use it, because with the Mezzmo Kodi addon all Kodi database stuff is automatic.  It automatically handles all database syncing, cleaning, compacting, reindexing etc.  No sources required or Kodi maintenance   Smile I wrote and maintain KS Cleaner to help others here.

*** Edit ***  I just ran KS Cleaner against my Kodi instance running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon, where the file table entries are like:  tazvl45567xb454.mkv  and the path table entries like: http://mymezzmoserver::53168/content/movies/ and it had no problems with it.  Of course it didn't find any errors either other than some orphaned files I had directly imported into Kodi for development testing.

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
(2023-05-30, 05:51)jepsizofye Wrote: heres what i do, you can try it out

note:
OK, will try that. thanks for the advice.
I've been looking at the current version of KSCleaner and have noticed that there isn't functionality for analyzing / cleaning the path table.  It wouldn't be a difficult thing to add and would basically look at the file table to ensure every path table entry has at least one file table entry with a path table table entry.  If not, then it would be flagged for possible deletion.  This won't fix any sources.xml file errors but will help with cleaning path tables, which for some folks have thousands of entries. 

Let me know if thee is interest in this additional functionality.

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
Yes please and thank you. I didn't want to bug you about doing further work on this but it would surely be appreciated, as well as any work on the music database part.
(2023-08-20, 22:18)HeresJohnny Wrote: Yes please and thank you. I didn't want to bug you about doing further work on this but it would surely be appreciated, as well as any work on the music database part.

I'll get to adding the video path table analyzer / cleaner this week and make it a release, as has been requested for new updates.  Music is something I'll consider.  Let me know which tables are a priority and maybe I can get a couple done to test the logic before doing all of them.

Thanks,

Jeff
(2023-08-20, 22:18)HeresJohnny Wrote: Yes please and thank you. I didn't want to bug you about doing further work on this but it would surely be appreciated, as well as any work on the music database part.

I've posted a test release v1.0.1a which now has the path table analyzer and cleaner.  If you want to give it a shot and let me know if you find any issues.  Please do a backup prior to running the cleaner and run the analyzer and /or CSV export of the analyzer prior to cleaning.  It looks for path table which have no corresponding file table entries and are not parent path table entries.  Once this is tested I will release as v1.0 2 and build it as a proper release, per a prior request from another user.

Thanks,

Jeff
I ran the new version and cleaned some paths. I didn't look under the hood at the code but didn't notice grave errors, i.e. Kodi kept running as before and the world didn't end. So from my end you're good to go!
(2023-08-28, 23:08)HeresJohnny Wrote: I ran the new version and cleaned some paths. I didn't look under the hood at the code but didn't notice grave errors, i.e. Kodi kept running as before and the world didn't end. So from my end you're good to go!

Thank you for testing and confirming. I hope this new feature is useful.

Jeff
Version 1.0.2 of the Kodi Selective Cleaner has been released on GitHub.  It has a minor feature addition for the path table.

version 1.0.2 download link

I've also added releases now to make it easier to track updates and download future prior releases.

Thanks,

Jeff
Thanks! A small request before you eventually move on to the music part: Would it be possible to do a batch cleaning of all tables at once? It seems a bit of a hassle to have to do it individually for each table.
(2023-08-29, 23:03)HeresJohnny Wrote: Thanks! A small request before you eventually move on to the music part: Would it be possible to do a batch cleaning of all tables at once? It seems a bit of a hassle to have to do it individually for each table.

Thanks for the feedback and I appreciate your confidence in the addon.  I presume you use it regularly, hence your question ?  How about I make it a multi-select dialog box like CSV exports ,  then you can select multiple tables which you want to analyze ?   I can take a look at what it would take to modify it for the video analyzer.  I don't think it would be a lot of work. 

Please let me know your thoughts,

Jeff
Personally, I don't see a use case for multiple choices of tables. I think users would rather go for a "clean all" approach without wanting to check which individual tables might actually need cleaning.
(2023-09-09, 22:44)HeresJohnny Wrote: Personally, I don't see a use case for multiple choices of tables. I think users would rather go for a "clean all" approach without wanting to check which individual tables might actually need cleaning.

Ok.  Let me see how I can implement a Clean All function.  I've got a couple of other tasks lined up first but then I'll look into this.  I have an idea on how to do it without breaking anything.

Jeff
Version 1.0.3 of the Kodi Selective Cleaner has been released on GitHub.  It has been updated to support Kodi 21 Omega
Alpha3 and higher releases.  Between the Alpha1 and Alpha3 releases both the music and video database numbers were
incremented.  Version 1.0.3 will not work properly with Alpha1.  Version 1.0.2 will.

Version 1.0.3 release download link

Kodi Selective Cleaner wiki

Thanks,

Jeff
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Selective Cleaner addon support0