Solved Issues with nfs to destinations with Arch Linux kernel 6.x
Look at dmesg/journalctl do you see what I saw in that link I posted?
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
Nothing weird on NAS side (6.5.2). System seems to run fine and I can transfer files by NFSv4 back and forth w/o any issues between my Arch (also 6.5.2) and NAS. Audio glitches with music files (strangely enough video is okay) are appearing only when NAS is on Kernel 6.5.2. LibreElec 11.0.3 (Kodi 20.2.0) is throwing some warnings then, like

kodi.log:
2023-09-11 17:52:29.099 T:1250  warning <general>: CFileCache:Tonguerocess - <nfs://192.168.0.10/shares/nfs4/media/audio/Shpongle/Museum of Consciousness (2013)/02 - How The Jellyfish Jumped U
p The Mountain.flac> source read returned -4! Will retry
2023-09-11 17:53:01.117 T:1250    error <general>: Read - Error( -4, read call failed with "Command was cancelled" )

The NFS exports are NFSv4 but are also accessible by NFSv3, which I'm using with Kodi (again: libnfs and NFSv3 settings because I'd to reindex all media otherwiese).
ArchLinux released Kernel 6.5.3 yesterday which seems be in game nicely again. The only change was to disable the Kernel option
This is an experimental option that should not be enabled on production systems.:
- CONFIG_NFS_V4_1_MIGRATION=y
+ # CONFIG_NFS_V4_1_MIGRATION is not set
config: Disable NFS_V4_1_MIGRATION

No more audio glitches!
The NFSv4.1 pieces of the Linux NFSv4 migration implementation are still experimental. If you are not an NFSv4 developer, say N here.

They honestly pushed a kernel with this enabled out on the users?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2023-09-15, 05:30)fritsch Wrote: The NFSv4.1 pieces of the Linux NFSv4 migration implementation are still experimental. If you are not an NFSv4 developer, say N here.

They honestly pushed a kernel with this enabled out on the users?

Yes, but by mistake which was corrected here.
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues with nfs to destinations with Arch Linux kernel 6.x0