Kodi for Samsung Tizen?
Hi,

I like en use Kodi a lot. Now I've bought a new Tv, a Samsung Neo QLED 55QN85A. I found out that Tizen is the OS en Kodi doesn't support Tizen  Sad Even worse, there is no good mediaplayer for Tizen available. So what now? 

Are there any plans to develope Kodi for Tizen in the future? I really hope so!

Greetings,

Sompong
This has been asked many many times, a quick forum search would give you the answer which is no, there are no plans for a Tizen port. I don't think we have any devs interested in this and there are some technical restrictions that would be problematic also.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2022-10-23, 14:15)Dangelus Wrote: This has been asked many many times, a quick forum search would give you the answer which is no, there are no plans for a Tizen port. I don't think we have any devs interested in this and there are some technical restrictions that would be problematic also.

Verry sorry to hear so. Is there a good alternative for Tizen?
(2022-10-23, 15:52)Sompong Wrote: Is there a good alternative for Tizen?

Use a simple standalone Kodi box/player and connect it to your TV via HDMI.
(2022-10-23, 15:52)Sompong Wrote:
(2022-10-23, 14:15)Dangelus Wrote: This has been asked many many times, a quick forum search would give you the answer which is no, there are no plans for a Tizen port. I don't think we have any devs interested in this and there are some technical restrictions that would be problematic also.

Verry sorry to hear so. Is there a good alternative for Tizen?

I have multiple Saumsung Tizen TVs.  I use Kodi clients running on Intel NUCs, Verio 4K+ units and Raspberry Pi 4s running Kodi on LibreElec all HDMI connected to the TVs.  Since I have multiple TVs I use Mezzmo and the Mezzmo Kodi addon to sync everything together.  The Verio 4K+ boxes are a good value and very low maintenance. 

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
Thanks all! For me unfortunately a hardware solution is not an option. So I have to search for a good software alternative. I've been looking for Plex, but that is not compatible with my NAS. So for now I'm still using dlna, wich is not good at all. Very poor player.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi for Samsung Tizen?0