• 4(current)
Ability to natively mount / parse Blu-ray Disc ISO images and read structure of them?
huh? you need a newer xbmc and you need to have libbluray installed when compiling. depending on your platform, this may be running make -C lib/libbluray or, if it's on win32, it's done as part the builddeps i believe.
Tobas Wrote:Can i just update my XBMC or do i have to rebuild to play the ISO's ?

If you need Win32 binary I can upload it for you, anything else and you're on your own until the builds start flowing in again.
spiff Wrote:huh? you need a newer xbmc and you need to have libbluray installed when compiling. depending on your platform, this may be running make -C lib/libbluray or, if it's on win32, it's done as part the builddeps i believe.

Im on Ubuntu X64 with libbluray, so i shall upgrade XBMC
Wuhuu!
Kodi 17.0 Krypton, Win10 running on an ASRock ION 330HT HTPC
spiff Wrote:yes, there's no libhddvd.

spiff, since this is a feature that extremely important to me, I figured I'd get a jump on it and start beating it up. Should I wait until development on Eden ramps up (Git builds, etc) or are you in a position to receive feature enhancements and bug reports? Should you (or I) create a new thread in the end user forums for discussion?
Philmatic Wrote:It works! I built from source, from the master branch on git (b12d33d):

Code:
CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayers(smb://Server/Movies/Blu-Ray/The Godfather (1972).iso)
CPlayerSelectionRule::GetPlayers: considering rule: dvdimage
CPlayerSelectionRule::GetPlayers: matches rule: dvdimage
CPlayerSelectionRule::GetPlayers: adding player: videodefaultdvdplayer (1) for rule: dvdimage
CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayers: matched 1 rules with players
CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayers: adding videodefaultplayer (1)
CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayers: for video=1, audio=0
CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayers: for video=1, audio=1
CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayers: adding player: DVDPlayer (1)
CPlayerCoreFactory::GetPlayers: added 1 players
DVDPlayer: Opening: smb://Server/Movies/Blu-Ray/The Godfather (1972).iso
CDVDMessageQueue(player)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
thread start, auto delete: 0
Creating InputStream
  msg: libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version 4.1.3
  msg: libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.10 for DVD access
libdvdcss debug:
[b]  msg: opening target `smb://Server/Movies/Blu-Ray/The Godfather (1972).iso'[/b]
  msg:
libdvdcss debug:
using libc for access
  msg:
  msg: libdvdcss error: failed creating cache directory
  msg: libdvdnav: vm: DVD Title:
  msg: libdvdnav: Unable to find map file 'RIVE=C:/.dvdnav/.map'
  msg: libdvdnav:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.IFO failed
  msg: libdvdnav:DVDOpenFileUDF:UDFFindFile /VIDEO_TS/VIDEO_TS.BUP failed
libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.
libdvdnav: vm: failed to read VIDEO_TS.IFO
Error on dvdnav_open
[b]CDVDPlayer::OpenInputStream - failed to open [smb://Server/Movies/Blu-Ray/The Godfather (1972).iso] as DVD ISO, trying Bluray[/b]
CDVDInputStreamBluray::Open - opening smb://Server/Movies/Blu-Ray/The Godfather (1972).iso
[b]udf://smb://Server/Movies/Blu-Ray/The Godfather (1972).iso/BDMV/STREAM/00000.m2ts... (1AD7FAA0)[/b]
CDVDFactorySubtitle::GetSubtitles, searching subtitles
CUtil::CacheSubtitles: START
CUtil::CacheSubtitles: Checking for common subdirs...
CUtil::CacheSubtitles: Done (time: 57 ms)
CUtil::CacheSubtitles: Searching for subtitles...
CUtil::CacheSubtitles: Done (time: 9 ms)
CUtil::CacheSubtitles: END (total time: 73 ms)

Screenshots:

Browsing Blu-Ray directory:

Playing Movie:

Not sure if this is spiff's doing, but it even supports Blu-Ray chapters when you hit up/down. It no longer uses the long seek option! This is perfection!

Does this mean menu support as a dvd? Smile Btw, this is very good news!
Thumbs Up 
Tobas Wrote:Im on Ubuntu X64 with libbluray, so i shall upgrade XBMC

How du you do this? Do I just install libbluray and afterwards xbmc or what do i do? I can't get it to work. :/ I'm am on Ubuntu X32 and have xbmc 10.0.

Thanks in advance!
daniel123 Wrote:Does this mean menu support as a dvd? Smile Btw, this is very good news!

No. Its without BD menu.
Kodi 17.0 Krypton, Win10 running on an ASRock ION 330HT HTPC
daniel123 Wrote:How du you do this? Do I just install libbluray and afterwards xbmc or what do i do? I can't get it to work. :/ I'm am on Ubuntu X32 and have xbmc 10.0.

Thanks in advance!

You must compile libbluray and XBMC from Git sources:
libbluray: http://www.videolan.org/developers/libbluray.html
dependencies: git autoconf libtool openssl openjdk-6-jdk ant doxygen latex-make

For XBMC, check Wiki (replace svn by git: "git clone git://xbmc.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/xbmc/xbmc")

Tested yesterday, working but some Iso don't. I'll check them with VirtualCD/PowerDVD, maybe corrupted ones.
Odon Wrote:You must compile libbluray and XBMC from Git sources:
libbluray: http://www.videolan.org/developers/libbluray.html
dependencies: git autoconf libtool openssl openjdk-6-jdk ant doxygen latex-make

For XBMC, check Wiki (replace svn by git: "git clone git://xbmc.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/xbmc/xbmc")

Tested yesterday, working but some Iso don't. I'll check them with VirtualCD/PowerDVD, maybe corrupted ones.

Care to share any info on how you compiled ? I've fetched both libbluray and xbmc through git, are able to compile both without errors, but I cant get the movie to start playing when I select the iso.

Any special options to configure or bootstrap ? I have all my movies on a NAS, could accessing via smb or NFS cause problems ?

regs,

peram
I tested it on my xbmclive nettop with samba access to share on a server. So it seems to be the same context.

Order for compile is libbluray then xbmc (libbluray must be available in libs when you ./configure xbmc)
Did you "make install" libbluray ?

What I did (from http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/libbluray)
git clone git://git.videolan.org/libbluray.git
cd libbluray
./bootstrap
./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-bdjava
make
sudo make install

then XBMC compile/install (see wiki)
(I can't remember if I ./configure --enable-external-libraries or just ./configure, but as I've written, check ./configure output for libbluray)

edit: not really related to bluray support, but with my compiled version support for mysql seems broken... any idea ?
Odon Wrote:edit: not really related to bluray support, but with my compiled version support for mysql seems broken... any idea ?

I can't speak to that, I compiled a Win32 build with libbluray and MySQL supports seems to work fine.
libbluray is included in this PPA repository: https://launchpad.net/~mario-sitz/+archive/ppa Wink
Odon Wrote:What I did (from http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/libbluray)
git clone git://git.videolan.org/libbluray.git
cd libbluray
./bootstrap
./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-bdjava
make
sudo make install

then XBMC compile/install (see wiki)
(I can't remember if I ./configure --enable-external-libraries or just ./configure, but as I've written, check ./configure output for libbluray)

edit: not really related to bluray support, but with my compiled version support for mysql seems broken... any idea ?

hm... the only thing i can see is the --enable-bdjava thing. Starting a new build now with that, and will report findings. Will try to verify the mysql-problem as well.

regs,

peram
peram Wrote:hm... the only thing i can see is the --enable-bdjava thing. Starting a new build now with that, and will report findings. Will try to verify the mysql-problem as well.

regs,

peram

hm....still no go. The only hint of an "error" i've seen when compiling libbluray is this line :

Code:
configure:11600: checking for LIBXML2
configure:11608: $PKG_CONFIG --exists --print-errors "libxml-2.0 >= 2.6"
Package libxml-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libxml-2.0.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'libxml-2.0' found
configure:11611: $? = 1
configure:11626: $PKG_CONFIG --exists --print-errors "libxml-2.0 >= 2.6"
Package libxml-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libxml-2.0.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
configure:11629: $? = 1
configure:11657: result: no
configure:11659: Could not find libxml2 - disclib meta parser disabled.

but I have no clue if that is the cause of my problems. The funny thing is that libxml2 is installed on the box, but there's no libxml-2.0.pc... :

Code:
xbmc@XBMCLive:/media/5643f41f-d3e9-4751-b56d-a094d83e0ee0/src/libbluray$ sudo find / -name libxml*
/usr/lib/libxml2.so.2
/usr/lib/libxml2.so.2.7.6
/usr/share/doc/libxml-libxml-perl
/usr/share/doc/libxml-namespacesupport-perl
/usr/share/doc/libxml-writer-perl
/usr/share/doc/libxml2
/usr/share/doc/libxml-twig-perl
/usr/share/doc/libxml-sax-expat-perl
/usr/share/doc/libxml-sax-perl
/usr/share/doc/libxml-sax-perl/examples/libxml-foo-perl.postinst
/usr/share/doc/libxml-sax-perl/examples/libxml-foo-perl.prerm
/usr/share/doc/libxml-libxslt-perl
/usr/share/doc/libxml-xpath-perl
/usr/share/doc/libxmltv-perl
/usr/share/doc/libxml-parser-perl
/usr/share/doc/libxml-dom-perl
/usr/share/doc/libxml-perl
/usr/share/doc/libxml-regexp-perl

Any clue on whats wrong ?

regs,

peram
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ability to natively mount / parse Blu-ray Disc ISO images and read structure of them?1