Does Kodi Log Show Buffering?
I'd like to test for buffering in my setup, without actually visually watching movies. I'm going to start playing a bunch of content to create a log, but where in the log can I see if anything buffers? What should I look for? Is it as simple as searching for "buffering" in the logs?
(2022-11-02, 21:05)newoski Wrote: buffering in my setup, without actually visually watching movies.
Very tricky without playing, nothing to buffer. Look at the player controls, you might see a progress bar, the light grey part would be showing buffered ahead, if you have headroom. OSD tools will help for fetch and drops. Debug log will show failures if the trigger is severe, but the OSD will be more accurate here.  Keyboard controls (wiki)

O Player process info
alt+O Video debug info
Ctrl+⇧ Shift+O Player debug info
(2022-11-02, 22:59)PatK Wrote: [quote='newoski' pid='3116585' dateline='1667415914']
buffering in my setup, without actually visually watching movies.
Very tricky without playing, nothing to buffer. Look at the player controls, you might see a progress bar, the light grey part would be showing buffered ahead, if you have headroom. OSD tools will help for fetch and drops. Debug log will show failures if the trigger is severe, but the OSD will be more accurate here.  Keyboard controls (wiki)

O Player process info
alt+O Video debug info
Ctrl+⇧ Shift+O Player debug info
[/quote

What would I look for in the logs, regarding drops during playback? Does the log literally use the word “drop”? What does the log actually say when the OSD says “buffering”?
The OSD will show dropped frames and indicate speed etc., this might indicate that your system doesn't have sufficient data flow. In the log Log file/Advanced (wiki) you might see the word 'buffer' with various activities some of which may pertain to an issue, if you're having problems throw up a proper debug log link.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does Kodi Log Show Buffering?0