Odroid N2+ vs N4020 MiniPC - Kodi + "Full" OS
Hey guys, I have an Odroid N2+ with CoreElec and Ubuntu (dual boot). I'm very happy with CE / Kodi, but when I use it as a "desktop PC" it's slow and frustrating, and I'm not a Linux guy.

I have a mini PC to spare, it's got an N4020 CPU, UHD 600 GPU, and HDMI 2.0. Windows Kodi performances are not as good as CE/Kodi: sure I'm bad at calibration, but I spent hours messing with all sorts of settings on Windows (10 and 11) and I never got an image as good as the one I get from the Odroid out-of-the-box. Maybe things would get better with LibreElec? 

My files are all on two external HDDs, that I connect via USB 3.0. I currently don't have any HDR content, very few 4K files, no AV receiver, no 3D. My TV supports HDR, Dolby Vision and the likes, but I just don't have any such content nor I plan to for the near future. Also, I don't need any CEC and I don't care if I have to use 4 IR remotes and 8 USB keyboards...

So, basically, I simply use Kodi for x264 / x265 (or even divx!) files, some are 10bit, and the occasional BD. But I definitely need some sort of "desktop environment."

What are the limitations of my Mini PC + LibreElec compared to the Odroid + CoreElec? Or, will my Mini PC + Kodi Windows ever be "as good" as the Odroid?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Odroid N2+ vs N4020 MiniPC - Kodi + "Full" OS0