Listitem go back behavior ?
I have an addon which has a search function that dynamically creates lisitems based upon the search results from the server.  It leverages the standard xbmcplugin.addDirectoryItem and xbmcplugin.endOfDirectory calls to create the list.  My question is whether there is an option to eliminate the back function that Kodi inserts before the first lisitem or a way to catch when a user clicks on the back function listitem to perform a different function other than the back function ?   The reason is that due to it being a search result and being called from different points in the addon, a back function can sometimes give unintended results, depending upon how the search function is called.  

Thanks in advance,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
You would need to check existing plugins netflix and see how they use the updateListing parameter
(2022-11-26, 12:56)V8MEM Wrote: You would need to check existing plugins netflix and see how they use the updateListing parameter

Thanks for the recommendation.  I'll look at the Netflix code but I suspect they may be writing their own Windows or maybe not using listitems.  I've considered that approach.  Right now I think I have an option with using a global variable and setting it based upon the calling source and then catching the response as a default mode parsing.  Not elegant but might work.  Still testing.  I might  suggest a Kodi feature request, in case others have a similar need.  I'd be happy just to have an option to not display the go back dots and set my own listitem, first ion the lust.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Listitem go back behavior ?0