Batch adding tags to nfo files
Hi, not sure if this is the correct place to post this? Please move if not.
I have a bunch of music concerts on my NAS with nfo files. I want to add a

<tag>Music Concert</tag>

tag to all of them
Is there a quick way to do this in Windows 11? 

Thanks
You could use Notepad++ to "Find and Replace in Files"
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-11-30, 20:22)Karellen Wrote: You could use Notepad++ to "Find and Replace in Files"
@Karellen 
Ah OK, I've just tried that in a test file, but can't work out how to put a 'return' into the Notepad++ dialogue box.
For example I want to replace
</runtime>
with:
</runtime>
<tag>Music Concert</tag>

But I seem only be able to add:
</runtime><tag>Music Concert</tag>
- on the same line in Notepad++. can't get it to add a 'return'

Does that make a difference to the nfo file, or doesn't it matter?
I
(2022-11-30, 21:01)Chalklands Wrote: but can't work out how to put a 'return' into the Notepad++ dialogue box.
Set Regular Expression search mode, then add \n followed by 4 spaces.

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-11-30, 21:09)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-11-30, 21:01)Chalklands Wrote: but can't work out how to put a 'return' into the Notepad++ dialogue box.
Set Regular Expression search mode, then add \n followed by 4 spaces.

Ah, I see. Thank you very much for your help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Batch adding tags to nfo files0