v20 Channel order completely out of wack
After upgrading to Kodi 20, my channel order is completely out of wack. The channels are starting with number 1 and continue in sequential order even though the following settings are selected under Settings / PVR & Live TV:  Synchronise channel groups..., use channel order from backend(s), and use channel numbers from backend. My boxes running 19.4 the channel order is fine. Any idea of what is going on?
Not only did you double post here and on the NextPVR forum, you also hijacked a thread here too.  I will be happy to help you out, if you follow forum etiquette.

Martin
(2022-12-23, 16:38)emveepee Wrote: Not only did you double post here and on the NextPVR forum, you also hijacked a thread here too.  I will be happy to help you out, if you follow forum etiquette.

Martin
You really need to ease up. I posted a question in 2 separate, kodi and nextpvr forums because I am trying to find an answer to my question. It is obvious I am not aware of any forum etiquette. I did a search on both sites and the search engine gave me what it gave and I posted in the closest topic that I could find.
And I am trying to help, should you want it, it doesn't sound like you do.  These are support forum and it is easier for me and others when multiple issues aren't grouped under a generic umbrella.  This is not a known problem and it should be an easy to resolve if you follow the rules.

Martin
@QueK9 @emveepee
I have split off your posts into a new thread for all convenience, and to keep the original thread undisturbed.

QueK9 Wrote:I posted a question in 2 separate, kodi and nextpvr forums because I am trying to find an answer to my question.

That is indeed the essence of double-posting, which is typically because of a little impatience. So, kindly, don't do that anymore.
Same thing happened here to me. I fixed by doing the following: System -> PVR & Live TV -> Channels -> Toggle the first three options off and back on again. Should fix it.
The general rule is to make sure the 3 advanced plus settings are enabled and to reset the PVR database to fix this after the version upgrade.  Several users have experienced the problem which is why the default make so little sense for NextPVR users who typically want backend order.

Martin
Disable the 3 options, exit.  Start, enable.  Still the same.

How do I reset the PVR database?

Thanks
Just to clarify.  The issue is on Windows version of Kodi
Found it

https://tvheadend.org/boards/14/topics/39443
Right, I guess I could say "Clear data" Settings->PVR & Live TV->General->Clear Data Also described on the Kodi wiki.  https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Live_TV/General

Hopefully that fixed it.

Martin
My Android & Google Tvs auto-updated Kodi from 19.5->20, and then NextPVR wouldn't even load anymore. I read online that's a known issue that NextPVR isnt compatible with Kodi 20 yet - is that no longer the case with the latest version? (Because it sounds like you all have it working)

Thank you!
I am not sure where you read that since pvr.nextpvr is fully compatible with Kodi 20 however if you are running the obsolete version of NextPVR v4 that backend is no longer supported.

This is one reason why we ask you to post your Kodi logs.

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
v20 Channel order completely out of wack0