Win Movie search no longer working
Hello,

A few weeks ago the movie scraper stopped being able to find anything through its IMDb search. I'm still able to find the film on the IMDb website, then enter it manually and it then comes up. I don't think that I've made any changes to EMM settings for months (if not years). Is there any reason this might have been broken? Perhaps a change to the IMDb site? Or is it just that I'm using a broken-ass OS and it's time to update (win7)? 

Thanks for your help, and thanks for keeping EMM running all these years. Smile
Hello community,

same problem here: using Win10, ember stopped finding entries via the automatic search of the title a few weeks ago. This worked fine before, I did not make any changes...

Manually entering the IMDB number (previously search via browser) finds the movie. Does anyone have a clue, maybe the IMDB interface has changed?
My Ember version is 1.5.0 x64.

I like Ember and would like to continue using it. Freshly registered for this, hoping for a solution.
Thanks!
Konrad,

At the top of the main thread there's an IMDB hotfix. This appears to have fixed the search issue that I was having. I've added 3-4 films since applying it and had no problems finding the films.
Thanks for the tip! I just copied the hotfix into the Ember installation and now everything works again!

Steps: IMDb Hotfix (2023-0101) for 1.11.1 x64 
"After downloading these ZIP files you have to open the properties of these files and enable the checkbox "Allow" on the first tab. Otherwise Windows blocks it from load while Ember starts.
1) Make a backup of the existing folder ".\Ember Media Manager\Modules\scraper.data.imdb"
2) Copy the folder "scraper.data.imdb" of this ZIP file to ".\Ember Media Manager\Modules" and overwrite all existing files"

Great.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie search no longer working0