Android Kodi 19.3 Showing episode titles instead of FIle Names
Currently running Kodi 19.3 on my ShieldTV,

I am starting to use Kodi again after not using it for years. My Files are appearing via their episode titles instead of the file names that they are saved as on my NAS. This is causing them to be totally out of order.
I went into the Kodi settings and turned off the "Replace file names with library titles" option, I've tried cleaning the library and restarting many times to no help.
I never had this issue with older versions of Kodi, any help will be appreciated.

Current Setup:
Kodi 19.3 on Shield TV
Files save on Sonolgy NAS
Universal Media Server on PC added as UPnP device in Kodi (confirmed "prettify filenames" turned off)
bump

Anyone?
(2023-01-01, 19:33)Havok1769 Wrote: Universal Media Server on PC added as UPnP device in Kodi
Its probably this? If you are using UPnP, Kodi has no control over the files. Is SMB an option for you?
Maybe @jbinkley60 might know
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-01-01, 19:33)Havok1769 Wrote: Currently running Kodi 19.3 on my ShieldTV,

I am starting to use Kodi again after not using it for years. My Files are appearing via their episode titles instead of the file names that they are saved as on my NAS. This is causing them to be totally out of order.
I went into the Kodi settings and turned off the "Replace file names with library titles" option, I've tried cleaning the library and restarting many times to no help.
I never had this issue with older versions of Kodi, any help will be appreciated.

Current Setup:
Kodi 19.3 on Shield TV
Files save on Sonolgy NAS
Universal Media Server on PC added as UPnP device in Kodi (confirmed "prettify filenames" turned off)

As @Karellen states this is being controlled by your UPnP server.  Unfortunately I am not familiar with this particular UPnP server.  With Mezzmo and the Mezzmo Kodi addon how the titles are displayed is controlled by the  Display Titles feature where you have many ways to customize how titles are displayed in Kodi.  I am not sure if your Universal Media Server has similar capabilities.

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
Thx for the replies. I will ask over there

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 19.3 Showing episode titles instead of FIle Names0